× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Issues with Upnp/Port Triggering Fixed?

IITC
Tutor

XR500 Issues with Upnp/Port Triggering Fixed?

Hi

As seen here in Simj Clip from March it seems that there r problems with those 3 Options. Are they fixed with the newest Firmware or are the still Present ?

"Standard Features That are not currently working in **2.1.0.6**: As this information is now out in the public these are the standard features that were not working on the XR500. Note this is Netgear software that has the issue, and not the Netduma software portion running on the XR500.

1. UPnP - unreliable. It does not open ports. It only opened up the XB1's XBL port. COD ports were not opened. None of the PS4 ports opened. So only one port that was opened was displayed on the UPnP page.

2. Port Triggering - unreliable. It should work but does not. A GUI bug exists where you cannot deselect (disable) rules 2-N. You can only disable the 1st rule.

3. Port Forwarding - unreliable. It just does not work.

This unreliable behaviour is when using it with a PPPoE modem (HG612). I had to relaunch games in quick succession to get an Open NAT, i.e. (1) Load Game.. goto multiplayer screen; (2) Quit Game (3) Load game.. goto multplayer screen; and then Open NAT is reported, but ports still not listed on XR500. All of my other routers the Netduma R1, TP Link, R7800 which is running LEDE (not netgear code), all work first time and list the ports that have been opened."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW2YwAp-Qbs

Just got the XR500,  Played COD on Xbox and PS4, no Open Ports under Upnp!?

Also missing the Pin Assist Option too...

Thx in Advance.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Ports not displaying correctly in UPnP is a known bug, and we're investigating it as we speak. Hopefully a fix for that issue should be available soon.

Ping Assist will be on its way soon - there were a couple of delays and other features which needed to take priority, but Ping Assist will be one of many new features to come 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Is your ISP modem working in ruoter mode or modem mode only? This will effect NAT on game consoles behind the XR router, not the uPnP or Port Triggering. Port Triggering is not needed for game consoles. Just uPnP. I get OPEN NAT on two consoles connected to my XR450.

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the NG router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

Message 2 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

We can't say when a fix for each issue will be released but we're aware of all of these issues and we're working closely with Netgear on potential solutions to them. DumaOS will be very well supported long into the future, so these issues won't be around for long unlike other routers.

Ping Assist will also be coming soon - again though, saying when precisely it is coming would be a mistake since other obstacles could prevent themselves. We'll make sure to keep everyone in the loop though. Whenever a new feature or version is released you will know about it! 🙂

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@IITC wrote:

Hi

As seen here in Simj Clip from March it seems that there r problems with those 3 Options. Are they fixed with the newest Firmware or are the still Present ?

"Standard Features That are not currently working in **2.1.0.6**: As this information is now out in the public these are the standard features that were not working on the XR500. Note this is Netgear software that has the issue, and not the Netduma software portion running on the XR500.

1. UPnP - unreliable. It does not open ports. It only opened up the XB1's XBL port. COD ports were not opened. None of the PS4 ports opened. So only one port that was opened was displayed on the UPnP page.

2. Port Triggering - unreliable. It should work but does not. A GUI bug exists where you cannot deselect (disable) rules 2-N. You can only disable the 1st rule.

3. Port Forwarding - unreliable. It just does not work.

This unreliable behaviour is when using it with a PPPoE modem (HG612). I had to relaunch games in quick succession to get an Open NAT, i.e. (1) Load Game.. goto multiplayer screen; (2) Quit Game (3) Load game.. goto multplayer screen; and then Open NAT is reported, but ports still not listed on XR500. All of my other routers the Netduma R1, TP Link, R7800 which is running LEDE (not netgear code), all work first time and list the ports that have been opened."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW2YwAp-Qbs

Just got the XR500,  Played COD on Xbox and PS4, no Open Ports under Upnp!?

Also missing the Pin Assist Option too...

Thx in Advance.

I see new FW for the XR500:

https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32

Something to try...

Message 4 of 7
IITC
Tutor

Thx 4 response.

I played yesterday around and found out that while i am playing the Ports for PS4 and COD r open, but after i shut down the Console the "Open" Ports" r missing in the UPnP section.

Today i will check in with my Xbox too.

I am on the newest FW, btw.

Somewhere in a diffrent forum post i read that the "Ping Assist" for the Development DumaOS has not even started !? It was promised Weeks after the initial XR500 release, and now we r near the End of the year, i hope it lands this Year on the Devices, hopefully before the COD Season starts 😉

Message 5 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Ports not displaying correctly in UPnP is a known bug, and we're investigating it as we speak. Hopefully a fix for that issue should be available soon.

Ping Assist will be on its way soon - there were a couple of delays and other features which needed to take priority, but Ping Assist will be one of many new features to come 🙂

Message 6 of 7
IITC
Tutor

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7