× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Issues

Exyd
Aspirant

XR500 Issues

Ive had this router for almost a year now, and Its been working just fine. But as of recently in the past couple of days, its been giving me issues. Internet connectivity is spotty and drops sometimes, on both wifi and ethernet ports. And once it is connected to the internet, the speeds are noticibly slower than usual. I live in a household were there are 2 main gaming pc's and multiple devices connected to the network at the same time and its never been an issue, but now nothing can be played without making everything else disconnect from the network. I am on the most recent firmware update .56 and i have to do factory restarts to fix the problem for a couple of hours. What can I do? 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Exyd
Aspirant

Re: XR500 Issues

Please disregard last post. I got curious and went and bought a different brand router, and the same issue persists. Internet being slow and the connection cutting out. I have no idea what it could be, would love any feedback thanks.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Issues

As you said it occurs with another router it points towards the modem/router from your ISP or the ISP itself. Do you get the same issues connecting to the ISP router?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7