× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 LAN Problems

XR500 LAN Problems

I have just changed from a D6200 to an XR500. The wireless side of everything works fine but I have no Ethernet connections. I have a cable that goes to my TV and one that goes to a CCTV box, one has an orange light (cctv) and one has a white light (tv) but I have no internet connection on either of them. The D6200 connects perfectly. I am running on BT openreach fibre if that makes any difference. I can’t seem to find anything relating to this, is it a faulty router. I have upgraded the firmware etc, re-booted everything in the correct order so am back using the D6200 until it’s sorted, any help would be appreciated
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 LAN Problems

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You mentioned you're using BT, have you put the PPPoE details in the XR500?
Message 3 of 8

I have the latest firmware installed as i updated the router when i installed it but i dont know the actual version. The modem is the standard BT Openreach fibre router that they supply with the connection. I cant get the actual details at the moment as i am away but will get them if this helps.

As i say, the wireless is fine and i can connect to the internet through a wireless connection its just the LAN connections that dont work

Thanks very much

Message 4 of 8

Sorry for sounding a bit vague but by PPPoE do you mean the email that i was asked for, if so i put in btbroadband@btbroadband.com with a password of bt is this what you mean.

Sorry but as you can tell my techinial knowledge of internet etc is pretty limited

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's what I mean. There is a setting in WAN related to BT I believe, enable it and see if that helps please.
Message 6 of 8

OK, thanks very much, when i get back i will log into the router again and take a look at the settings for the BT settings 

I will let you know how i get on

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Router Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

@Drewidthegreat wrote:
I have just changed from a D6200 to an XR500. The wireless side of everything works fine but I have no Ethernet connections. I have a cable that goes to my TV and one that goes to a CCTV box, one has an orange light (cctv) and one has a white light (tv) but I have no internet connection on either of them. The D6200 connects perfectly. I am running on BT openreach fibre if that makes any difference. I can’t seem to find anything relating to this, is it a faulty router. I have upgraded the firmware etc, re-booted everything in the correct order so am back using the D6200 until it’s sorted, any help would be appreciated

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7