× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Lan Ports Issue

Jagged_God
Tutor

XR500 Lan Ports Issue

I have suddenly got an issue with the LAN ports on my xr500.

They were intermittent, while back now, but in last couple of days it seems they don't seem to be recognizing anything at all.

I have connected to my LAN;

PS4

SKY

SONOS Playbar

Switch

TP-Link

every one of the above worked perfectly until a couple of days ago.

I have done a complete factory reset on the xr500, after first trying the power off leave for a while and turn on, which I did for all devices connected via ethernet.

I then changed out ethernet cables, had spares, and again to no avail.

WiFi works effortlessly, except for the Sky Q box, but personally think thas a sky issue as everything else connects and works no problem.

I really want my ethernet ports back, especially for my PS4 and gaming, the whole reason for buying this router.

Don't know if it means anything, but the lights on the front still light up as and when devices are apparently connected, i.e. PS4 is connected port 1, and when its off light is orange, when I turn PS4 on light goes white, but when I try to setup network using LAN it doesn't happen, same for everything else connected.

I see that some have had a PM with a firmware update, so praying that's going to be a fix for me too.

Heres hoping someone can help.

James

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

My first thought would be have you turned off DHCP without giving the LAN devices static IP addresses?

I'll also send you a PM with the firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

My first thought would be have you turned off DHCP without giving the LAN devices static IP addresses?

I'll also send you a PM with the firmware.
Message 2 of 4
Jagged_God
Tutor

Hi Fraser,

Just checked and the tick box beside use 'router as DHCP server' is ticked.

I will try the firmware you PM'd and let you know how it goes.

James

Message 3 of 4
Jagged_God
Tutor

Hi Fraser,

Just to let you know the firmware you sent has sorted the issue. Though I did have to reset the unit again before it worked but who cares when it works....now to rebuild my allow/deny list 'sigh' lol

Thanks again for that, was pulling hair out, much appreciated.

James

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7