× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Locked up the speed of my computer

Re: XR500 Locked up the speed of my computer

Again, it may be some time before the images land. To ensure that you aren't posting anything naughty, a Netgear moderator has to approve the pictures. You can attach images to messages without any delay.

@unstable99 wrote:

I have changed the modem to be "bridge mode" and also "PPPOE dial" via the XR500, 

That setting is determined by your ISP, china telecom.

@unstable99 wrote:

I disabled  the DHCP function in Modem.

Bridge mode should do that without your intervention. But I am not familiar with the modem/router you have installed and the only instructions I can find are in Chinese.

Maybe the  missing pictures will help.

Message 26 of 30
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for that, so the device in port 1 is limited to 100Mbps, this may be the device or the ethernet cable connecting it to the router so you might need to replace that to get higher speeds on that port. The device connected to port 2 does that get slow speeds also?
Message 27 of 30
unstable99
Tutor

that device is a HomeKit for the light of my home. it doesn't affect the speed of my computer. 

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Thanks for that, so the device in port 1 is limited to 100Mbps, this may be the device or the ethernet cable connecting it to the router so you might need to replace that to get higher speeds on that port. The device connected to port 2 does that get slow speeds also?

Message 28 of 30
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

For a test can you revert back to not using bridge mode and then put the XR in AP mode and then test the speed please?
Message 29 of 30
unstable99
Tutor

I will try AP mode later.

Also get to tell you guys that my Iphone can run 440 mbps in the speed  testing of nighthawk app via Wifi off XR 500.

It means wifi is normal but lan got problem at the same time.

Message 30 of 30
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7