× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Media server bug v2.3.2.66

mahobbs
Aspirant

XR500 Media server bug v2.3.2.66

Hi 

Is anyone else having problems with media server functionality on the xr500 running the latest .66 release.  I had no problems with it under the previous release but it just does not work reliably under .66. 

I am presently sticking with the previous release which is a pain as I can't take advantage of security patches.

I have logged the defect with Netgear, this is a new device, but despite having been looking at it for 3 months they have made no progress. Very disappointing.

Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the issue that you are having exactly?
Message 2 of 8
Xpunker1
Initiate

I am having the same trouble. Server is visible but when trying to read or play a file just keeps loading with no successes. Only started happening after latest patch
Message 3 of 8
Xpunker1
Initiate

My firmware version is v2. 3.2.114 and Im have the same media server issues
Message 4 of 8
mahobbs
Aspirant

Thanks guys, good to know that I'm not the only one.  My failure mode is exactly as described above, serving files behalves eratically and if a track does appear available it will time out if you try to play it. 

Also useful to know .114 also has this issue, I won't bother spending many hours trying it.

I'll keep pushing the support case and update re .114.

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try upgrading to the .114 DumaOS 3.0 beta version instead and see if it works on that please. Do a factory reset once upgraded https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/m-p/2...
Message 6 of 8
geomoondog
Aspirant

Yes I have issues since this update too.  My mkv files will not play anymore on my Apple TV.  I am going to try to install older firmware version back on the router

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've responded to your topic @geomoondog
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7