× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Media server bug v2.3.2.66

mahobbs
Aspirant

XR500 Media server bug v2.3.2.66

Hi 

Is anyone else having problems with media server functionality on the xr500 running the latest .66 release.  I had no problems with it under the previous release but it just does not work reliably under .66. 

I am presently sticking with the previous release which is a pain as I can't take advantage of security patches.

I have logged the defect with Netgear, this is a new device, but despite having been looking at it for 3 months they have made no progress. Very disappointing.

Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Media server bug v2.3.2.66

What is the issue that you are having exactly?
Message 2 of 8
Xpunker1
Initiate

I am having the same trouble. Server is visible but when trying to read or play a file just keeps loading with no successes. Only started happening after latest patch
Message 3 of 8
Xpunker1
Initiate

My firmware version is v2. 3.2.114 and Im have the same media server issues
Message 4 of 8
mahobbs
Aspirant

Thanks guys, good to know that I'm not the only one.  My failure mode is exactly as described above, serving files behalves eratically and if a track does appear available it will time out if you try to play it. 

Also useful to know .114 also has this issue, I won't bother spending many hours trying it.

I'll keep pushing the support case and update re .114.

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try upgrading to the .114 DumaOS 3.0 beta version instead and see if it works on that please. Do a factory reset once upgraded https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/m-p/2...
Message 6 of 8
geomoondog
Aspirant

Yes I have issues since this update too.  My mkv files will not play anymore on my Apple TV.  I am going to try to install older firmware version back on the router

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've responded to your topic @geomoondog
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7