× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500: Mismatched port numbers?

Vizkos
Follower

XR500: Mismatched port numbers?

Hello,

I posted this on the Netduma forum (https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28859-xr500-mismatched-port-numbers-on-23240/), since that is where I first read about the following (and found what might be a bug on dumaOS too), but I figure it might be better to post here:

I was reading some threads online saying how the on some early manufactured models of the XR500, hardware ports were installed in reverse, leading to some software display inaccuracies.

On the XR500 box itself, and on retailer sites like Best Buy, when looking at the back of the router, reading the ethernet ports from left-to-right, it reads: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> Internet:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-nighthawk-pro-gaming-wi-fi-router-ac2600-dual-band-wi-fi-with-g...

However, on my router, it reads as 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> Internet.

I also noticed some display inaccuracies in DumaOS, but that appears to be related specifically to the software.  See my link on the netduma forum for that.

I figured my router was one of those early mislabeled units, given that the display order of the ports differed from the retailer images, so I picked up another XR500, with the intent of returning my current one, however, the exact same ordering is present (4-3-2-1-internet)  See attached image.

Are the retailer and box images incorrect?  Or are the retailer images correct and I received two routers with the error, even though one of them has a PC Magazine reward sticker on the box (which I am assuming means its manufactured later)?  I am thinking the retailer images might be incorrect, given how the LEDs on the front are arranged in the same order as the two units I currently have, but I want to confirm.

Thanks.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500: Mismatched port numbers?

There are two replies on your Netduma forum post which answer your question exactly.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7