× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 NH App & Router R-apps not loading

Willtonia
Follower

XR500 NH App & Router R-apps not loading

I have an issue where within the Nighthawk App under devices it only reports a message stating “Sorry, Couldn’t list devices. Try again later”. Also, on the router login “Dumas” R-apps: some of them seem to load up right away and other R-apps don’t. I have reset everything involved within the connection lines/network to factory states and carefully made sure everything involved had all the latest updates as well as all setting being exactly as instructed per manuals, etc., but yet I still can’t seem to get the above mentioned issues to properly appear/list. Everything was working perfectly for a few months until two things occurred: 1. I had noticed many of my devices like Amazon Alexa Echos & Shows would randomly lose internet connection and both those devices and my XR500 would need to be restarted to restore all services which was happening about once a week. 2. I was instructed or rather recommended to activate Ip6 on my XR500. After of course making sure it was available and active through my ISP and it is and was. The Ip6 and 4 work just fine and connected devices report it is. I just thought I should mention number two also in case. Anyways, even after resetting everything for a third time and NOT activating the Ip6 and leaving it to default Ip4 only as well as all other recommended settings, etc., I still get the same message from the Nighthawk App when I try to view a list of connected devices and the same issues occurs when I login the routers interface via a connected PC with Windows 10 some of the R-apps do not display at all. This is all the same equipment/software/updated firmwares that had worked properly 100% for many months when I purchased the XR500 last September 2019. The issues slowly began starting late November 2019 and just continued to get worse until I was forced in late December 2019 to start investigating the issues of what seemed to be a unstable network connection between the devices both wired and wireless connection and both bands on 2.4 and 5 as well as computers/devices that are connected directly into the router as is my main PC (Dell - Windows 10) I am very sorry for the long post but I have learned from experience many times that it is often in the smallest of details the solutions can appear. Thanks everyone. -W
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 NH App & Router R-apps not loading

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

So you can't see a list of devices on the Nighthawk app, and you can't access the device manager inside DumaOS.

Seems likely that the two issues are linked...

One troubleshooting step i'd like you to try is to downgrade back to an older firmware and then upgrade again.

You can download an old firmware here: https://kb.netgear.com/000053241/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-0-0-28

Go to Settings > Administration > Update and upload this file. Ignore the warning about it being older.

Once it starts up again, go back to Settings > Administration > Update and make it check for updates, allow it to update back to the latest.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7