× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 PS4 Party Chat not working unless I reboot my router

JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

XR500 PS4 Party Chat not working unless I reboot my router

On the latest firmare for my XR500 and i've had a couple of issues. I've disconnected from the internet randomly and PS4 party chat does not work unless I reboot my router. Also the DumaOS on the desktop version is slow most of the time. Is this something that will be addressed in the future with a new firmware update?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How often does the disconnections occur? Have you added your friends to your allow list so they won't be blocked when you try to do a party chat? Clear the cache/cookies on your web browser and make sure the browser saves cookies and that should resolve the slow loading.
Message 2 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

I don't know how often the disconnections occur I've only had the router for a couple weeks for now. I cleared my cookies and cache. How do I make sure the browser saves cookies? I gave routerlogin.com permission to set cookies. I'm not sure if that will work. Yes, I I've added my friends to the allowed list. There even inside my geo-filter circle and it takes a router reboot for me to be able to hear them and hear me. This party chat thing happens every time I turn my ps4 on.

Message 3 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that should accept cookies. Has the interface loading sped up now? Do they appear blocked when you invite them to a chat? Do you have an Open NAT on the console? Flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map options before you invite them to the game next time and see if it works then.
Message 4 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

I haven't noticed the DumaOS speed improvement and I don't understand your 2nd question. When I invite my friends in party chat the mic sign next to their names just blinks and on the geo filter it shows them on the map. I'll try flushing the cloud next time to see if it works. I have open nat type in games like Call of duty. In connection speed test it says I have type 2 NAT.

Message 5 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How long does it take to load the QoS page roughly or any other pages? How do they appear on the map when you've invited them as blocked triangles or a person icon?
Message 6 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

25 seconds to load QoS

Message 7 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is there any difference between accessing it via the LAN IP or routerlogin.net? Are you typing HTTPS at the beginning of the URL?
Message 8 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

im not sure what u want me to do. you want me to type in my url https://routerlogin.com ?

Message 9 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

im typing routerlogin.com

Message 10 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

Alright I got it to work on google chrome. I deleted all my browser history, cache, cookies and allowed the site to save cookies. It worked. Thank you so much bro!!!! I'll let you know if i run into some extra problems.

Message 11 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

I just learned why I randomly disconnect from the internet. Cause of DDOS attacks. How do i protect myself from DDOS attacks?

Message 12 of 16
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you seeing this in the router logs? The router logs use the phrase "dos attack" a lot which sounds a lot more dramatic than it should and isn't actually anything to worry about.

Message 13 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

Yeah i see DOS attack in the logs. If it isn't anything to worry about then alright bro.

Message 14 of 16
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

I can't hear my teammates in party chat even when I put them in the allowed list. some of them are outside my geo-filter circle. It shows a triangle around them.

Message 15 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just to reiterate those entries are nothing to worry about as Alex has said. I've responded to the new topic you created about the party chat issue.
Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7