× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 QoS works on my device but not on others in the network

VxeR
Aspirant

Re: XR500 QoS works on my device but not on others in the network

Internet cuts out and ipconfig doesn't display anything 

Message 26 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Which port are you connected to on the modem? Is it definitely one of the LAN ports?

Message 27 of 35
VxeR
Aspirant

Yep, 100%

Message 28 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Actually that might make sense, I seem to remember from when I was using PPPoE I couldn't get to the interface of the router I was logging in to.

Disconnect from PPPoE then enter the command 'ipconfig /renew' in your command line, do you go back to having no default gateway?

Message 29 of 35
VxeR
Aspirant

Cmd freezes for a while then displays this error 

Message 30 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That's interesting, unfortunately we're limited on the advice we can offer here as we don't have any experience with this particular modem. It may be worth reaching out to your ISP and asking if they can assist you with taking it out of modem/bridge mode.

After this, you can do the PPPoE configuration on the modem and connect the XR500 as you did before.

Message 31 of 35
VxeR
Aspirant

There's one thing I don't understand tho, why does my device not have this problem? I tried to upload some files to Google Drive just now. With QoS disabled, I used the full 13Mb of upload, but the second I activated QoS it went down and never exceeded 10Mb. Only thing I can think of is that the Mac is connected to a powerline wifi extender but I dunno

Message 32 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's QoS enabled with the PPPoE so an incompatibility issue between the two that is the problem. Once we resolve the issue you can have the XR handle PPPoE again
Message 33 of 35
VxeR
Aspirant

But shouldn't my device be affected too? Why does QoS work perfectly on my PC but not on the Mac

Message 34 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's possible it could be the powerline adapter, if you connect directly does it work as expected?
Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7