× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Qos Device Not Found Pop-Up

droesw
Guide

XR500 Qos Device Not Found Pop-Up

For about a month or so, every time I try to go into the Qos page on my XR500 router it gives me the pop up in the attached picture, saying "Device Not Found", and it isn't showing any of my devices in the Qos page so I can't change the bandwidth allocation at all. I've tried a regular reboot, as well as doing hard factory resets using both the button the back of the router as well as the factory reset option in the routers interface, but the problem still hasn't been resolved. I'm currently on a DumaOs 3.0 beta firmware, which you can see the exact firmware name/number at the top right of the attached picture. 

Any ideas to fix this, as I'd like to be able to properly use Qos to ensure I get the lowest ping in games? Is there maybe a more updated beta 3.0 firmware available, or has the final 3.0 firmware been released yet?

Message 1 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 2 of 25
droesw
Guide

It didn't fix it unfortunately. Sorry to ask, but is there any way I could trade in my XR500 to get a significant discount on a new XR1000? I've just had so many problems come up that prevent me from using features in the XR500 that I purchased this specific router for, and I'd really just like to try a new one and get a good trade in value/discount on an XR1000 since I've had so many problems with my XR500 that I can't control. Is this something that can be done?

Message 3 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm the wrong person to ask but the answer is almost certainly a no. You would need to return it from the retailer and then purchase the 1000. At some point a device would have been deleted from the router which has caused that message, if you add it back and give it the same name and device type the error should disappear.
Message 4 of 25
VainButterfly
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote: greatpeople
I'm the wrong person to ask but the answer is almost certainly a no. You would need to return it from the retailer and then purchase the 1000. At some point a device would have been deleted from the router which has caused that message, if you add it back and give it the same name and device type the error should disappear.

I purchased this specific router for, and I'd really just like to try a new one and get a good trade in value/discount on an XR1000 since I've had so many problems with my XR500 that I can't control.

Message 5 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@VainButterfly you've have to go to the retailer you purchased from for that - I work for Netduma (who made DumaOS) so I couldn't authorize anything like that as we don't sell the routers ourselves and its not our hardware
Message 6 of 25
droesw
Guide

Just following up on this: the error still happens and says "Device not found" everytime I open the Qos page, and I would think that manually deleting any devices wasn't what caused the issue as I haven't done that for a long time (before the issue started), and even if that is what caused it I'd assume that after factory resetting the router which I've done multiple times it would have reset the routers memory and fixed it, but it's still not fixing this issue with my Qos and the problem is still occuring.

Any new suggestions? Any new dumaOS 3.0 betas to try and see if they fix it, or any updates on when the full dumaOS 3.0 will be finished and available?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 7 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is a bug on that firmware, downgrade, factory reset then reupgrade and the error should have disappeared. There are no new builds at present and we don't give ETAs but rest assured it is being worked on
Message 8 of 25
droesw
Guide

Do you have the beta 3.0 firmware version that was the most updated one prior to the one I am on right now that you could provide a file or link to so I can go back to that older beta?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 10 of 25
droesw
Guide

Unfortunately that still didn't fix it. Could you possibly send a link for the current standard firmware (not 3.0 beta) that most everyone is still using aside from those of us that requested to use the 3.0 beta so I can just go back to the regular firmware and hopefully fix the issue? Unless you have any idea to get this issue fixed with the 3.0 beta that might be worth trying if you think it would be worth the effort just to keep using the 3.0 beta?

Message 11 of 25
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

This is the latest non-beta version:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062867/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-114

So you know, this is different from the .114 version number Fraser previously linked.

Message 12 of 25
jeremyg237
Luminary

All,

I took back the XR 1000 and here I am having issues with the XR 500 I never had before. Now QOS does not work. This is unreal. It says device not found. I have update 130. Please fix this. I saw a thread dating back to 2018. 

V/R 

Jeremyg237

Message 13 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It was an issue on the latest beta earlier this year, downgrade, then reupgrade to .130 and it should be resolved and then you can use QoS
Message 14 of 25
jeremyg237
Luminary

That did not work. Went from 114 to 130.

Message 15 of 25
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Did you factory reset the XR after upgrading back to .130? If not, could you please do that.

Message 16 of 25
jeremyg237
Luminary

I believe I did but samething still happening. What is the proper way to factory reset? I pushed the button in the back for 30 seconds.

Message 17 of 25
jeremyg237
Luminary

I also erased all settings as well. Still same issue.

Message 18 of 25
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

It may be that the browser is just caching that message as part of the page, could you please clear your browser's cache and check if the issue is then occuring again?

Message 19 of 25
jeremyg237
Luminary

That also did not work. I tried several browsers and still same thing. 

Message 20 of 25
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

When you say you downgraded back to 114, is that the full release version .144, or the beta version? There's two firmwares with unfortunately the same number, this one is the full release:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062867/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-114

Message 21 of 25
jeremyg237
Luminary

All,

Sorry for taking so long to get back with answer. Yes I did download that version and its still does not work. I even tried it one more time before writing this tonight. QOS still says device not found. 

Message 22 of 25
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That's frustrating, I think in this case you may need to upgrade to the newest firmware using the TFTP method. It's a little more work but it's much more thorough.

You can follow the below guide to see how to do that:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Message 23 of 25
jeremyg237
Luminary

This guide that you sent needs to be updated. There a few things I cannoy do because of the new windows. it will not let me do the first part of assigning address etc

Message 24 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet > Change Adapter properties on the right, right click ethernet, go to properties and you can follow from there
Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7