× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Random Reboot Question

yayza_
Tutor

XR500 Random Reboot Question

My XR-500 randomly reboots, I've went through all the thread on this forum pertaining to this issue and tried all the fixes I could. Recently though , after googling "XR500 power supply", I realized the pictures of XR500 power supplies have a different amperage output then the one that I currently have. The one I have is rated at 1.0a output and the ones on Google are 3.5a.. (I'm wondering, did Netgear change the power supply over time?)

. I went ahead and bought one and just plugged it in about 15 minutes ago. I usually get reboots 2-3 times per day so I guess I'm going to have to wait longer to really find out if the new power supply will fix this problem. In the meantime I just wanted to share this and wondered if anyone else thinks this could be the solution to this weird problem.

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Power supply would be the first place I'd look for a rebooting issue yes, whether NG have upped the ampage over time I couldn't be sure, I'd be interested to see your results.
Message 2 of 6
yayza_
Tutor

Thanks, so far today I've been on and off the computer and no reboots. If I go a week without any reboots I can consider it the solution. I read in one of the threads that I researched that features implemented in the OS from updating firmware  made the CPU draw more power.

I'll keep you guys updated .. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 6
JayTT
Aspirant

Did it fix your issue?

Message 4 of 6
yayza_
Tutor

Sorry for not updating on time. It's been well over a week any way since I made this thread and my router hasn't rebooted since. 🙂
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7