× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Readyshare drive compatibility

WacoJohn
Luminary

XR500 Readyshare drive compatibility

Have 3TB drive connected to my XR500 Readyshare.  Works perfectly. 

Want to also connect a 10TB Western Digital Easystore drive.  The compatibility list is outdated.

Anyone know (for sure) if it will work?  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Readyshare drive compatibility

We (Netduma) didn't have anything to do with ReadyShare as its a Netgear feature so I can't give you a definitive answer. There is a risk it wouldn't work as it's not on their official list (which you've rightly pointed out is out of date) so that does mean it won't have been tested with this particular drive.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Couldn't say for sure but if it is the same manufacturer as your 3TB one then there is a good chance it will.
Message 2 of 7
WacoJohn
Luminary

Thank you, Sir.  They ARE all WD!!

So, the new question ... any 'real' risk in trying it??

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We (Netduma) didn't have anything to do with ReadyShare as its a Netgear feature so I can't give you a definitive answer. There is a risk it wouldn't work as it's not on their official list (which you've rightly pointed out is out of date) so that does mean it won't have been tested with this particular drive.
Message 4 of 7
WacoJohn
Luminary

You deserve your reputation as an awesome professional support person.  Thank you for all your help over the years.

I am surprised this forum is not a netgear forum.  It certainly presents as one.  So, is there a separate forum for Netgear (ReadyShare)?  Do you know where I can go to get my question answered?  This 10TB drive is loaded up with files.  Of course, I could back it up.  I just dont' want it 'honked up' by plugging it into the router. If I blindly 'try it', will probably work or give some kind of benign error ... but would sure be nice to know.  I don't have another device that would take a backup for a drive of that size either.

Back to my orig. question .... I assume the answer is 'no'.  I have a GearHead account.  I will ask them, but I will probably get "That Drive has not been tested' reply.

Thank you for your time and talent.  I appreciate it.

Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the kind words! It is the Netgear community forum, what I mean I work for Netduma and I help users on the Netgear forum but as I work for Netduma I can't give you definitive answers for purely Netgear features. I don't think it would pose a risk to any of your data, more likely if it didn't work then it just wouldn't be accessible.
Message 6 of 7
WacoJohn
Luminary

Ahhh!  I get it .... I think.Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7