× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Rebooting

RodRow
Tutor

My rebooting issue persisted, so I called Netgear support. They sent me a new router and I shipped the old one back to them. The new unit has been up for a full week now on the new firmware with no issues.

When I called, I advised tier 1 support that I had already factory reset and powered off multiple times, they then had tier 2 support call me back the next day.

Before tech support would agree to the replacement, I had to downgrade firmware, factory reset the router, upgrade the firmware again from a PC (not using the automated router FW upgrade process), and a few more minor steps.

I am now just very hopeful that this router does not start having the same issue. 🙂
Message 26 of 34
Boomzorz
Tutor

I just got the router on Thursday (5/24) and haven't noticed any isssues untill today, I was playing BF1 and twice within time span of 1 hour it rebooted twice, I updated to the latest firmware when I went through initial setup, anyone got any ideas what might be causing these reboots?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 27 of 34
Boomzorz
Tutor

I just got the router on Thursday (5/24) and haven't noticed any isssues untill today, I was playing BF1 and twice within time span of 1 hour it rebooted twice, I updated to the latest firmware when I went through initial setup, anyone got any ideas what might be causing these reboots?
Message 28 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I have PM'd you.
Message 29 of 34
Boomzorz
Tutor

So I applied firmware you sent me, I was playing PUBG about 20 mins ago and it rebooted 5 times within 30 minutes.  I did a factory reset and will test it out. 

Message 30 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay let us know. If it continues then it may be a hardware issue in which case I would recommend calling Netgear Support. Before that though disable Traffic Prioritization completely in QoS and see if that resolves it.
Message 31 of 34
Boomzorz
Tutor

After factory reset, I played PUBG for about 2 hours with no issues, however I did not turn Anti-Bufferbloat or Traffic Prioritization. Is this a bug? can I turn on Anti-Bufferbloat?  

Message 32 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah you disabled Traffic Prioritization - turn on DumaOS Classified Games. Also Anti-Bufferbloat put to 70% for both download/upload and set to allow 'Always'.
Message 33 of 34
Boomzorz
Tutor

OK I  enabled  DumaOS classified games and set Anti-Bufferbloat put to 70% for both download/upload, It is set to allow Always. I'll test to see if router reboots. I was playing PUBG last night for 30 mins with no issues, I test with the new settings again today.

Message 34 of 34
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7