× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Region locked

Hitman1020
Aspirant

XR500 Region locked

We just moved from the US to Malaysia and im having the same issue others seem to be. The region is locked on the router to US which is basically rendering the unit useless. I havent seen an answer to the question yet so Im hoping someone actually has a resolution to this problem. I sat with customer service today for an hour and I still dont think they knew what they were doing. I just would like to have this unlocked and set to SEA so I can utilize the full potential of this unit. If anyone has a solution to this problem could you please leave a detailed message as to how you got yours sesolved.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Region locked

I'm not actually aware of what the differences are when it's set to SEA instead of USA. I imagine it's something to do with the wireless channels that can be used?

Message 2 of 4
Hitman1020
Aspirant

Unfortunately unless I can change the region it will not allow the internet through. I’ve tried using vlan instead and dumos screen says connected but as soon as i try wirelessly on any device I get no internet. Even hardwired I still get no internet passing through.
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Create a support ticket with them and let them know you need the region from within telnet or have someone remotely access your router and do that. You may need to try and get elevated support to do that.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7