× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Router Reboots Itself

Xirtas
Tutor

XR500 Router Reboots Itself

As the title says, my XR500 will preiodicially reboot itself out of nowhere. Sometimes it runs for days with no issues and other times it reboots every 10-15 min. I am currently running the DUMAOS 3.0 Beta but this was happening before I installed the firmware. I was hoping 3.0 might solve the issue but no luck. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Router Reboots Itself

How is the console connected to power, is it via an extender or direct to a wall outlet? If an extender can you try to the wall outlet and if the latter could you try another outlet? Is it also on a suitable surface? i.e. not a carpet? As it could be overheating.
Message 2 of 5
Xirtas
Tutor

it's plugged directly into the wall sitting on a small wooden table. I can give a different outlet a try and see if that works. 

Message 3 of 5
Xirtas
Tutor

Unfortunately switching the outlet did not solve the issue. Any other suggestions?
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It sounds faulty then so you'll need to contact NG for a replacement, sign in here and make a ticket: http://support.netgear.com/
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7