× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Router not allowing HP Officejet Pro6830 to Print via WiFi

Elvenheart
Aspirant

XR500 Router not allowing HP Officejet Pro6830 to Print via WiFi

I recently upgraded to the XR500 and since have had printer issues. The HP Officejet Pro6830 printer connects via 2.4GHz to my home network and has been added with a static IP address and is seen in the router's device manager but printing from a Lan connected PC or mobile device brings up continuous printing errors. Sometimes resetting wifi settings on the printer briefly kicks it off into action and then trying to print further pages stops again. I turned off Qos and various advanced functions to no avail. I have managed to get around this now by connecting the printer by Lan using a powerline extender. Connected this way means all devices on the network can now use it to print. I've also heard that iphone XS also suffer from wifi connections? Im getting the iphone X in a few days and just hope this is not affected.    

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 Router not allowing HP Officejet Pro6830 to Print via WiFi

Try removing the Static IP address from the printer and let the printer use a Dynamic IP address, Or set a reserved IP address for the printer ON the XR router. 

Besure that you update the printer drivers on the PC to point to the new IP address. 

Try disabling Smart Connect on the XR router. 

Contact the printers Mfr for additional support, help and information. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try removing the Static IP address from the printer and let the printer use a Dynamic IP address, Or set a reserved IP address for the printer ON the XR router. 

Besure that you update the printer drivers on the PC to point to the new IP address. 

Try disabling Smart Connect on the XR router. 

Contact the printers Mfr for additional support, help and information. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad you've found a workaround. Good suggestions above, I think it's likely that smart connect is causing it and disabling it would fix the issue.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7