× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Stops working

Tones81
Aspirant

XR500 Stops working

Hi All,

Hoping to get someone with experience in reading and understanding logs. For a while now I've been experiencing issues where my XR500 requires a reboot (generally once a week) as everything just stops working. Upon rebooting it all works okay again.

Latesly it's been happening more frequently so I started taking note of the logs when it occurs and have noted a consistent theme. I'm getting the below message in my logs:

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address b2:39:56:ae:3a:47, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 13:06:29
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address b2:39:56:ae:3a:47, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 13:06:25
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address b2:39:56:ae:3a:47, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 13:06:22
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address b2:39:56:ae:3a:47, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 13:06:19

It's literally just this over and over again. Can anyone decipher what this means and if it's playing a role in the issue I'm experiencing?

I can't find anything in my network with that MAC address.

I've done a lookup on the MAC address and it says it's not found so can't even find the manufacturer.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Stops working

Well on face value it looks like something is trying to connect to your network and it's using the wrong password.

Perhaps a neighbor's device?

Message 2 of 4
Tones81
Aspirant

@Netduma_Alex wrote:

Well on face value it looks like something is trying to connect to your network and it's using the wrong password.

Perhaps a neighbor's device?

Thanks Alex, that's what I assumed as well.

Could it be related to the issue I'm having with disconnects? Is there a way to just block that MAC address from being able to access the network?

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It seems unlikely unless after a certain amount of tries it blocks access completely to the internet but I haven't heard of it doing this. No not currently.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7