× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 TypeError: frame.contentWindow.browserSetup is undefined

Dreddpool82
Aspirant

Re: XR500 TypeError: frame.contentWindow.browserSetup is undefined

ok it's disabled in chrome now, but i still get the same problem.

Message 26 of 34
Dreddpool82
Aspirant

You may not believe this but I think I figured out what was causing the problem, I have AVG Anti track and when i quit it, my routers os is no longer disconnecting.

Edit: yep it's the AVG anti Track program, as when i open it by doubling clicking it's desktop icon, i get the connection problem.
I will contact them tomorrowand let them lnow that it's causing problems with connecting to my router.
You may also want to contact them and see if there is anything they may need to knpow about this routers OS, that could help fix the problem.

EDIT Edit: I'm still getting "TypeError: can't redefine non-configurable property "userAgent" message.

Message 27 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well done, good catch, we have identified an issue caused by some Anti-Virus before but haven't seen it with AVG yet. If you do a reset does that message disappear?
Message 28 of 34
Dreddpool82
Aspirant

not sure what you mean by reset?

If i quit the avg anti track(the icon in the bottom right of task bar) so it's no longer running in the back ground, the problem is gone.
As soon as i turn it back on it starts having the problem again.

As to the reset are you talking about the Router and resetting it back to factory default?
we did that already and it didn't fix anything, resetting now would have the same results as soon as Anti track starts the problem appears, like i said when i quit AVG Anti Track the problem is gone.

Message 29 of 34
Dreddpool82
Aspirant

I chatted to AVG support and when i disable the tracking detection part of the program everthing is fine, so i can now just turn it off when accessing my router, as the suport person said it's not a bug and that they won't esclate it up the list of problems, which i think is kinda stupid as thousands of people have Netgear routers and it's kinda stupid to have to turn a feature of their program off  in order to use our own routers.
anyway problem solved for the meantime.

Message 30 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay glad to hear disabling it fully resolves the issue. That is odd as we had this issue with Bitdefender and they fixed it on their side. If it continues to be an issue with AVG then we'll reach out to them.
Message 31 of 34
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Is it not possible to add a manual exception to the AVG filter?

Message 32 of 34
Dreddpool82
Aspirant

It has a whitelist but on;y accepts web addresses, i tried my routers address and it said it was invalid.

Message 33 of 34
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Well, that's really annoying, but since it's an AVG problem, we can't do anything about it.

Message 34 of 34
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7