× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 - Unable to configure product due to router keeps disconnecting from browser

MJMasters1234
Aspirant

XR500 - Unable to configure product due to router keeps disconnecting from browser

I have just purchase this product and am unable to stay logged into router via web browser to configure

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 - Unable to configure product due to router keeps disconnecting from browser

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Be sure you are wired to the back the router with a PC.

Try a different browser, FireFox or Opera. 

Message 2 of 14
MJMasters1234
Aspirant

The latest firmware, unable to confirm firmaware details as uanble to log on.

Virgin media superhub in Modem Mode

tried wire connection no difference

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What happens when you try to login? Are you using the details set in the setup wizard?
Message 4 of 14
Xr500
Apprentice

The XR500, when I first sold it, I bought it, and until now its network disconnection problem has not been completely fixed. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 14
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you on the latest firmware?

Message 6 of 14
Xr500
Apprentice

yes

Message 7 of 14
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried logging in with mutliple browsers? Or your current browser but in incognito mode?

Message 8 of 14
Xr500
Apprentice

◆ Google Chrome 75.0.3770.100
◆ Internet Explorer 11
◆ Opera 58.0.3135.53

I've considered browser impact before.

I've tried three browsers

Message 9 of 14
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Could you try temporarily disconnecting the XR500 from the modem, so that it's just your XR500 and your laptop/phone connected to each other, and then try accessing the interface at that point?

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried a different PC to see if this problem follows? 

Please downgrade to v32 and see if this changes anything. Seems like this maybe a PC issue rather then router issue as others have not posted about this. Possible the router could be faulty. 

Message 11 of 14
Xr500
Apprentice

My family has two PCs, two iPhone 8 and five ZigBee devices. 

They are all affected by router disconnection

It happens almost every 20 days.

Message 12 of 14
Xr500
Apprentice

When the router is disconnected, two iPhones 8 can connect to wifi, but they can't use the Internet.

Other PCs and laptops will be affected. I don't think it has much to do with PCs.

Message 13 of 14
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7