× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 - Voip phone not connecting

mattrichards
Guide

XR500 - Voip phone not connecting

Hi all,

I have a xr500 which is working well with pretty much out of the box config. My wife is now work from home and was instructed to bring her voip phone (Polycom VVX400) home. All her coworkers simply plugged their phones into their modems and were set, but we don't have a free port on our modem, so it has to go on the router. Unfortunately the phone is not working when plugged into the xr500. I suspect there is some config that needs changing - like port forwarding or similar. 

Any ideas?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mattrichards
Guide

Re: XR500 - Voip phone not connecting

Thanks for the response. The issue is resolved... I checked and she had used the wrong port on the phone. Apologies for the false alarm!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem are you using? 

Did they send a power supply with the Polycom VVX400? It has the option of PoE but the XR500 doesn't have PoE so the Polycom VVX400 needs a power source. 

Message 2 of 3
mattrichards
Guide

Thanks for the response. The issue is resolved... I checked and she had used the wrong port on the phone. Apologies for the false alarm!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7