× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Warranty Woes

cbrx
Star

XR500 Warranty Woes

My XR500 died, and I'm trying to get an RMA done. The problem is, Neatgear's website is telling me it was purchased months before it was, and is out of warranty. I have the proof of purchase from Amazon, and have uploaded it to my account. The issue I'm having is that when I call in, it says my estimated wait time to talk to a representative is 0 minutes. It says this several times over the course of about 15 minutes, then tells me it's gone up to something like an estimated 6,677. I'm supposed to call and give a ticket number, but that number expires within 24 hours of its issuance, at which point it closes the issue. What can I do?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 34

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cbrx, 

Let me go ahead and send a follow up. Please provide me with a phone number and preferred contact time you can be contacted. 

Thanks,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 32 of 34

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Christian_R can you help @cbrx with this issue?
Message 2 of 34
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello CBRX

please send me a PM with the info below and I can escalate the issue.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact: Schedule: (Include Dates, Times and Time Zone available to work with us)

S/N number:

DarrenM

Message 3 of 34
cbrx
Star

PM sent

Message 4 of 34
cbrx
Star

I still haven't heard anything. The warranty issue was escalated on 3/19, but it's been radio silence since. I'll update this post with any progress.

Message 5 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest sending @DarrenM another PM and seeing if you can get a status update. Due to Covid-19 their response times may be slower than usual.
Message 6 of 34
cbrx
Star

I did that a couple days ago, but unfortunately have yet to hear back. Hopefully he'll reply in the next couple of days.

Message 7 of 34
cbrx
Star

I still haven't heard anything from @DarrenM or anyone else. I know these are interesting times we're in, but I also don't want my actual warranty period to expire in a couple weeks before I can get this taken care of. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 8 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try emailing this address explaining the issue you're having and hopefully they'll be able to help quickly: customer.service@netgear.com
Message 9 of 34
cbrx
Star

@DarrenM

I still haven't heard from you or Netgear support on this and my warranty is set to expire in a few days.

Message 10 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you get a response via email? If you do run out of warranty there is evidence you attempted to contact them before this happened and in the circumstances that should be forgiven.
Message 11 of 34
cbrx
Star

I received an automated message that a case was created, but that was over a week ago. I hope you're right about them taking into consideration the evidence that I've repeatedly tried. I do appreciate you always replying to help me out.

Message 12 of 34
cbrx
Star

Well, it's been over a month and my warranty has now officially expired. @Netduma-Fraser tried his best to help me out, but I couldn't get Netgear on the phone, over email, or here after private messaging @DarrenM. I understand things are running slower due to Covid-19, but over a month with no resolution as my warranty expires, and with no help on the horizon is unacceptable business practice.

Message 13 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Really sorry to hear that, do you have a case number at all so I can try and push it from our side?
Message 14 of 34
cbrx
Star

Sure, it’s 42551054

Anything you’re able to do would be awesome. I’m definitely thankful that you’re trying to help me.
Message 15 of 34
cbrx
Star

I just wanted to update everyone that I have yet to hear anything from Netgear all this time later. Consider this before doing future business with them. I certainly won't ever again.

Message 16 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Really sorry to hear that, wish there was more I could do to help.
Message 17 of 34
cbrx
Star

I know you tried, but I guess there's only so much you can do as a 3rd party. Thanks again @Netduma-Fraser 

Message 18 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

You might see if @ChristineT can help you get this resolved. 

@cbrx wrote:

I know you tried, but I guess there's only so much you can do as a 3rd party. 

Message 19 of 34
cbrx
Star

Thank you for the suggestion! @ChristineT, are you able to help with this at all?

Message 20 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

I would send her a PM as well. 

@Christian_R 

@DarrenM 

Message 21 of 34
cbrx
Star

Okay, I gave that a try. Thank you for the suggestion!

Message 22 of 34
ChristineT
Admin

Good afternoon @cbrx ,

Thanks for reaching out to me and the @ mention! I am in touch with our support department regarding your open case and am working to get the resolution of your case expedited. I have been advised that an agent will be reaching out to you shortly. If that doesn't happen please let me know and I'll raise this to a higher level.

I truly appreciate the patience you have demonstrated with this issue. 

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Message 23 of 34
cbrx
Star

I said it in the private message as well, but thanks for being a breath of fresh air. I was beginning to lose all hope! Thank you @FURRYe38 for the suggestion!

Message 24 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully it will all work out. Let us know how it goes. 

@cbrx wrote:

I said it in the private message as well, but thanks for being a breath of fresh air. I was beginning to lose all hope! Thank you @FURRYe38 for the suggestion!

Message 25 of 34
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 28 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7