× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 What is your best ping playing PUBG XBOX.

jeremyg237
Luminary

XR500 What is your best ping playing PUBG XBOX.

I have a XBOX ONE X and of course a XR500. Other games etc I am running a low PING. However in PUBG I am getting a PING of 98-105 during game. Just wanting to see if everyone else is the same so I dont keep trying to new things on the router. Also I am in the IS and play on NA servers fro PUBG. Also my settings are spectating and strict.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Jeremy - since PUBG allows you to choose your own servers you are right to use Spectating Mode instead of filtering mode. Where are you located, and where are the servers you connect to located?

You can still take action to reduce lag. Try setting Anti-Bufferbloat to 70/70 and give your gaming device more bandwidth using Bandwidth Allocation.

The best way you could reduce your latency in PUBG is by improving your local network connection. This is a measure of your equipment, your line and your cables. To find out your line quality, run a PingPlotter test to check for spikes, jitter and other issues.

I hope this helps!

Message 2 of 7
XRaptor29
Luminary

It could be the fact that PUBG is pourly optimised. I've heard the game lags a lot for anyone that plays that game. Even on high end gaming PCs that game lags. So I don't know if the router can help you with a pourly optimised game.

Playing a different game online do you have the same issues?
Message 3 of 7
jeremyg237
Luminary

I understand that it could be that. However what is your ping? With this information we can figure things out.

Message 4 of 7
jeremyg237
Luminary

Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's the other side of the country which explains why the ping is higher, I know there was a new map/update recently so the servers are probably slammed. I hear theres a lot of Asian players jumping on the NA servers, have you seen that as well?
Message 6 of 7
jeremyg237
Luminary

No. Dont notice any names like that.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7