× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 WiFi issues with Surface Pro 2 and 4 but all other wireless devices work fine

DJ71
Aspirant

XR500 WiFi issues with Surface Pro 2 and 4 but all other wireless devices work fine

I have gone through all the posts that pertain to Surface Pro laptops and can't seem to find a solution for my issue. I can connect to my WiFi with any device except my Surface Pro 2 and 4. I found something similiar on a post with the Netgear R7000 and it was resolved with a firmware upgrade. I am on the latest firmware on the XR500 so not sure if they need to do a firmware upgrade or if there is something else I can do? Any help would be appreciated. 

Article on R7000 Gaming Router

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-Wireless-Issues-w-Microsoft-Surface-Pr...

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 WiFi issues with Surface Pro 2 and 4 but all other wireless devices work fine

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Is MIMO and Beamforming enabled? 

Is Smart Connect Enabled? 

Message 2 of 4
DJ71
Aspirant

Re: XR500 WiFi issues with Surface Pro 2 and 4 but all other wireless devices work fine

I have played around with those settings but it has had no effect. It is something specific to the other post I referenced for the other router. Netgear had to do an update on that router to get Surface devices to work because every other device works fine. 

Also, if I setup the Guest Network my Surface devices can connect to that Network without issue. so it's definitely something with the router. 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to make contact with NG support and report this to them directly. So they will let engineering now about it. 

We haven't seen anyone else report this that I've seen yet. You maybe the first. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7