× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Wifi Calling and Verizon Network Extender Problems

Lejeunez
Tutor

XR500 Wifi Calling and Verizon Network Extender Problems

So I have an XR500, and I basically got it because I game quite a bit, but I know very little about the backend stuff on the router. I have poor cell service at my house and the verizon network extender uses wifi to create it's own "tower". The XR500 doesn't seem to operate well with it, and the extender will disconnect us and not allow phone calls through. We have since started to try to only use wifi calling, but it is also a struggle to get that to work properly. My phone works everywhere else on both wifi and regular signal, it is only at home. Anyone deal with this?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Re: XR500 Wifi Calling and Verizon Network Extender Problems

@Lejeunez wrote:

So I have an XR500

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but the XR500 has its own DumaOS operating system with a dedicated team of expert minders, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can test with QoS completely disabled and see if that works. If it does then try making a guest WiFi network and connecting it to that and see if it works
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

A few more details might help.

What modem/gateway is the XR500 connected to? 

What "verizon" extender is it? 

Message 4 of 7
Lejeunez
Tutor

Actually now when I try to open the DumaOS dashboard it says I am no longer connected to my router. I have power cycled and all that fun stuff and it didn't refresh. Internet is working and actually wifi calling has been working sometimes now, but can't acess the dashboard or network extender. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 7
Lejeunez
Tutor

It's the Verizon LTE Network Covereage Extender made by Samsung with internet through a fiber internet with a company called truestream out of our area. Modem looks like a Calix Gigapoint 803G. 1 gig up and 1 gig down speeds. 

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Access using the router LAN IP rather than routerlogin.net does that work?
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7