× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Wifi Randomly Stopped and will not reconnect

PG1211
Aspirant

XR500 Wifi Randomly Stopped and will not reconnect

I randomly had all wifi devices go offline. I looked an in the Device manager only deviced wired (my PC) works. No settings have changed. All wifi devices show offline as there is no wifi signal. When trying to connect to the wifi, devices are unable to find the network. I did a factory reset and that also didn't fix the issue. Firmware is up to date. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Re: XR500 Wifi Randomly Stopped and will not reconnect

Is your PC the only wired device on your network?  If other wired devices are attached do they not work?

Message 2 of 10
PG1211
Aspirant

I also tried plugging another router into the XR and a gaming system. Those both show and work fine as well. Just everything wifi doesn't. I can use everything on wifi through the other router but obviously I don't want to set up things on another network for 30 devices. 

Message 3 of 10
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Did your firmware get updated?  What version of firmware are you running?

Sounds like there may be a hardware failure with the wireless module in the router.

Message 4 of 10
PG1211
Aspirant

I am running V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta, everything was fine until this morning. 

Message 5 of 10
PG1211
Aspirant

I just went to firmware V2.3.2.66 to see if that helps and it didn't fix anything. 

Message 6 of 10
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Since you have tried a different firmware with the same results I would suspect a hardware failure.  

Message 7 of 10
PG1211
Aspirant

What would the steps be for me to get it replaced?

Message 8 of 10
No1Mportnt
Luminary

You will need to contact Netgear Support for assistance with that.  Login to https://www.netgear.com/ and go to "My Support" under the account link. 

Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would recommend upgrading to the latest beta: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/td-p/... using the TFTP method: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP this will bypass the boot process and any issues there. Then do a factory reset to give the freshest install possible, see if it works after that.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7