× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Wireless ACL - missing

jmc7
Guide

XR500 Wireless ACL - missing

Hi all, As I continue to configure the router, I realized the wireless acl is missing under advanced wireless settings. Was this function removed in the latest firmware version v2.2.1.10?

Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes I believe it was, instead you can use the Device Manager to block any devices.
Message 2 of 5
jmc7
Guide

Sad to hear this was removed. One reason for purchasing this router was due to having this ACL setting. Is it possible to obtain a previous firmware that still have this feature?

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There was an issue with it as well which contributed to it's removal. It may come back in future once fixed but I have no way of telling for sure.

There are versions available in the download area but I would not recommend it as you may encounter more issues than being on the latest version.
Message 4 of 5
jmc7
Guide

Thanks for the update. I did see previous versions on netgear support page and I did try using the last version before the current one which has the ACL page. Unfortunately as you said, had minor issues. I'm back on latest version and do hope this feature is becomes available in a fureture update. On a side note, I like to comment if this feature does come back, Guest network should not be affected if ACL is turned on. Guests should still be able to access without having the mac address on the list.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7