× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Wireless Constantly Slows/Disconnects

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Very sorry to hear that. I'm hoping this downtime has not affected too many people and hopefully was just a one off. I hope that you will consider the router again in future.
Message 26 of 40
Swordid
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Very sorry to hear that. I'm hoping this downtime has not affected too many people and hopefully was just a one off. I hope that you will consider the router again in future.

I hope for other people's sake it was just me, but it sounds like the system isn't passing RMA information to the warehouse at all...so I am assuming this has to be affecting more than just me. The L2 Support agent "Oliver" I spoke with Saturday still has not contacted me. I spent 2.5 hours waiting on the phone yesterday and being put on 20+ min holds constantly by support while they "looked into stuff" to walk away with the same Oliver will get back to you response. That they can't do anything on their end other than email the warehouse.

I took my XR500 back today since Best Buy had one AC3100 left. It took less time to set it up than to write this post, but the biggest fact is it works. I am capping out at around 967Mpbs compared to the 985Mpbs I was seeing on the XR500, and the interface is dated but gets the job done  -- but it works which is something my XR500 never did.

Thank you for your help Fraser. Maybe NetDuma will make its ways to Asus someday?

Message 27 of 40
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for all the information. I will bring this up to Netgear senior management today in order to ensure this doesn't happen again and hopefully the longer it's available and the more features/fixes we add you'll consider coming back.
Message 28 of 40
Swordid
Star

Sigh returned the XR500, told them to cancel RMA, got my 30 refunded for RMA fee....and week later I get an email that they just shipped me the replacement XR500. I told customer support if they shipped one I was keeping it as a gift at this point that I had returned my XR500 and was cancelling the RMA since it had not processed. Guess the system was still down and no one made a note bravo.

Message 29 of 40
Kounty
Tutor

My 4 hour old XR500 is constantly disconnecting from wifi! I have turned off the smart settings and it contuines to disconnect from wifi. What is the solution to this issue from Netgear and Duma? Before I start posting reviews

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 30 of 40
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is it just WiFi or wired connections also? Is it all devices or only specific ones? I've sent you a PM with a firmware that may resolve the issue.
Message 31 of 40
Kounty
Tutor

Thank you Fraser. It looks like it is all my wifi devices  I have the firmware you sent and will try now.

Message 32 of 40
Kounty
Tutor

No luck  I have tried the firmware,turned off smart setting and renamed network ssid. All wireless devices are disconnecting. I thought there was some diconnection infromation in the log but as it turns out it was devices from previous setup trying to connect. The log has no disconnection information visable. My nest E requires a stable connection please advise asap.

Message 33 of 40
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The next step would be to contact Netgear 24/7 support as they should be able to help further as potentially a hardware issue: http://support.netgear.com/
Message 34 of 40
Kounty
Tutor

I am trying but not even that is working...

Can someone please have support contact me I am unable to create support ticket. This is truely unbeliveable 

Message 35 of 40
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Login and give them a call rather than creating a ticket
Message 36 of 40
Kounty
Tutor

Just like others in this forum I am still waiting on a callback from L2 support. 

Message 37 of 40
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Kounty 

If you still haven't heard from L2 send me a Pm with the case number and I will escalate the issue.

DarrenM

Message 38 of 40
Gio614
Aspirant

Can’t play anything I test my connection and it’s giving me like 25 download speed on my ps4 which is good used to get like 9 I’ve set up dumo os and the geo filter and when I tried to play smite and fortnite I’ve kicked to the homescreen and it says internet disconnection I really don’t understand why
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 39 of 40
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Gio, this is different from the original post but I'll explain. Both Smite and Fortnite you're able to select the regions on the game. So you don't need Filtering Mode for Smite, use Spectating Mode. Fornite however you can use it to force the closest server to you in the region. The way the game works is it will only try to connect to a server once its in the loading screen so thats the earliest opportunity to block it. So continue searching until you get a game with the server you want. Alternatively you could switch to Spectating Mode and quit until you see the server you want.
Message 40 of 40
Discussion stats
  • 39 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7