× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Wireless Region Issue

W1lliam
Virtuoso

XR500 Wireless Region Issue

My friend bought me a XR500 from Japan and I am not being able to change its Wireless Region to my country, anyway I can request for region reset? Thanks

William

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think it's possible, would suggest contacting the Netgear phone line. Otherwise look up the allowed channels in your country and make sure you manually select those.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think this is possible as they are region locked to prevent people using different channels in their country that are legally not allowed.
Message 2 of 6
W1lliam
Virtuoso

That is the reason I am asking for help to change the wireless region from Japan over Taiwan, not trying to make any illegal use, thanks

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think it's possible, would suggest contacting the Netgear phone line. Otherwise look up the allowed channels in your country and make sure you manually select those.
Message 4 of 6
W1lliam
Virtuoso

thank you for the advice.

William

Message 5 of 6
BIG_DOG
Luminary

The reason for geo locking the wifi regions is so that the wifi channels do not interfere with civil, military, aviation and emergency services communications and equipment

As Fraser says, check your legal wifi channels that you can use.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7