× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 XBOX PUBG best settings

jeremyg237
Luminary

XR500 XBOX PUBG best settings

Just got the router yesterday. Cant seem to find a good GEO filter for PUBG xbox. I live on the east coast (Virginia). Are there any servers in my area or do I need to put the circle around the whole US. 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 18
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Jeremy - within PUBG you can select the server region and I believe the NA server is located in Ohio. This means you don’t need to use the Geo-Filter in filtering Mode.

Instead, you can add your PC and the Unreal Engine service to your Geo-Filter and then use Spectating mode to see your ping to the server.

I also recommend your set Anti-Bufferbloat (QoS) to 70% for both download and upload and to the mode High Priority Traffic Detected. This will ensure no congestion can build on your network when you’re playing games.
Message 2 of 18
jeremyg237
Luminary

Why would I hook my PC to GEO filter, since I am playing PUBG on xbox? 

Message 3 of 18
XRaptor29
Luminary

On the Geo filter, go to the menu and uncheck the strict mode. See if that works. PUBG might be one of those games like destiny where it needs that unchecked.
Message 4 of 18
jeremyg237
Luminary

I am an orginal NETDUMA R1 owner. I stopped using it because of the wifi. But if I cant use the geo filter then what is the point. Now if there is only a dedicated server in cali that would make since. But I did not spend 300 for a router to do the same thing my R7000 did. Not trying to get snippy by any means but one game it will work and the next it wont. The geo filter is the only reason I bought it. Dont want to be connected to CALI 3000 miles away.

Message 5 of 18
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

So in your experience, there are PUBG servers in Cali that you’re being connected to! If so, add your Xbox to the Geo-Filter and then set it to filtering mode, with your range set around the server location you prefer e.g. Ohio.

When you join the Cali server the router will block it, so you may need to restart the PUBG lobby to try again
Message 6 of 18
jeremyg237
Luminary

Still having issues with the XBOX PUBG servers. Here are my settings.

1.My xbox one x is in the traffic priorization.

2. Filtering mode on.

3. Geo Filter mode Strict on. 

4. I live in VA and my cirlce is set to 1348miles.

It gets finky. 1 game it will work and the next it will not. Any ideas?

Message 7 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would not recommend using Filtering Mode with PUBG. Leave it on Spectating Mode so you can ping (don't worry about the incorrectly located servers on the map, they will be fixed and it's not actually where the server is - the ping will be low). Ensure you've selected the correct region on the game as well.

For Anti-Bufferbloat set to 'Always' and use 70% for Download & Upload as a starting point.
Message 8 of 18
jeremyg237
Luminary

Im getting 100ms during a game. Is anyone else getting that.

Message 9 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you correctly selected your region in game?

Are ALL devices connected to the XR500? Otherwise it won't be able to control them properly and QoS will not as effectively eliminate local congestion.
Message 10 of 18
jeremyg237
Luminary

Yes I have selected North America and all my devices are connected to the XR500.

Message 11 of 18
jeremyg237
Luminary

I am thinking it is their servers. Going to try with a different game.

Message 12 of 18
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I've responded to your other thread regarding the best settings for PUBG - let us know if you try another game. I'd recommend giving CoD a go to try out Filtering Mode 🙂

Message 13 of 18
jeremyg237
Luminary

Tried another game. All good. Decided to go back to strict and filtering. Also flushed it. I ususally get on a peer server for the game. Not sure what that is but I wanted to let people know for the future. So far so good. Ever once in a while I cannot get in a game. No big deal.

Message 14 of 18
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

That's sounding a bit more promising, good stuff! With the Geo-Filter you have to factor in whichever game you're playing. Some are compatible while some aren't, so we've got the Profiles feature to give you more insight into how you can set it up for the game you're playing. If you ever play a game and you're not sure how to set it up I'd recommend checking out the profiles 🙂

Let us know if you have any more questions or issues, we're happy to help!

Message 15 of 18
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jeremyg237,

I have a couple friends that play pubg on Xbox. It does have lag for the game. Environment loads slow / glitches throughout the game. The creators are most likely still working on the game and trying to smooth out the details. I play on PC and it is a lot better but still has little things that needs to be smoothen out also. :]

- Jason N

Message 16 of 18
samcurran
Initiate

When I am playing this game in the midway the game stops automatically and showing server connection lost.  Dubai data recovery suggests that there is an error in your router that's why this problem is created. This problem is really irritating me.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 17 of 18
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Sam,

It's unlikely to be a DumaOS setting  causing this - so let's start with some basic hardware tests.

1. When the drop happens, is the rest of your Internet still online?
  2. Are you connected wirelessly or wired?
  3. Are you able to connect directly to your modem and play through that? Do the dropouts occur there?
Message 18 of 18
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7