× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 & PS4 skipping issues

new013
Aspirant

XR500 & PS4 skipping issues

So we recently purchased the XR500 and are having problems with our PS4 Pro that is connected to it.  It's causing certain games to skip like a CD while playing but it doesn't happen with every game.  The sound and movement skip at the same time almost like it's losing connection for splits of a second.  The PS4 is connected by LAN but the problem occurs when connected by WIFI as well.  We have tried port forwarding, connecting through the DMZ, adjusting the GEO filter, prioritizing the PS4 even turning everything else off and seeing if the problem persists which it does.  This problem never occured before getting this router and it's not our internet speed.  I'm usually around 200mbps down and never below 100, my ping is consistently around 30 on the game when this is happening and it doesn't feel like lag at all.  We've also tried connecting the PS4 straight to the modem and that makes the problem go away.

Any help apprerciated

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Big_FN_Target
Initiate

Re: XR500 & PS4 skipping issues

Sounds like this is a PS4 issue, not so much your network... have you tried initializing the PS4?

I've had issues like this, that appear to be caused by the network but turned out the PS4 had corrupted data.
Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does the ping ever spike when it happens on the Geo-Filter? What game are you playing specifically? Does it occur with other games?
Message 3 of 6
new013
Aspirant

The ping doesnt spike, it happens most on apex legends but it happens with other online multiplayer. I've tried redownloading the affected games but that doesnt help.
Message 4 of 6
new013
Aspirant

If it's a ps4 issue why does it not happen with our old router or when I plug straight in to the modem?

I havnt tried reinitializing my ps4 that's my last resort and I honestly domt think itll help. I'm only experiencing the issue with this router.

Is there anyway I can split the signal out of the modem? One going straight to the ps4 and the other to the router?
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your modem model? Does it provide WiFi also?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7