× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 and EX7700 Extender - No Devices in Device Manager in IOS Nighthawk App

RouterIssues4me
Aspirant

XR500 and EX7700 Extender - No Devices in Device Manager in IOS Nighthawk App

I've been using the Nighhawk app for months to block devices nightly and unblock in the AM. 

After adding the EX7700 the device manager no longer works on the app, but I can see the devices in the webui and block/unblock.  This is a pain as it means going to my office vs doing it from anywhere.

Earlier today tried the following:

• Delete/reinstall the app, still broken.
  • I rolled back to 2.3.2.40 on the XR500 and still nothing.   Delete/reinstall the app, still broken.  
  • I unplugged the EX7700, still nothing.  Delete/reinstall the app, still broken. 
  • I then did a factory reset via the webUI on the XR500 and updated to the latest firmware and left the EX7700 unplugged, Delete/reinstall the app.  Devices show up.  I went through and re-named all of my devices and it was working great.
  • Plugged in the EX7700 and immediately the device manager breaks.  Unplugged the EX7700, still broken.  Delete/reinstall the app and reboot the XR500, still broken.

It appears as soon as the EX7700 joins the network it kills the functionality until a full factory reset is completed on the XR500.

Both the XR500 and EX7700 are on the most current firmware, and the IOS app is the latest version.  iPhone XR with 14.3 IOS.

When clicking the Device Manager in the IOS app, the error in the app is a popup that reads "Sorry, the action was failed.  Please try again." and when you close that, it says "No device found!"  All of the devices show fine in the webui Device Manager.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
RouterIssues4me
Aspirant

Re: XR500 and EX7700 Extender - No Devices in Device Manager in IOS Nighthawk App

Side note, I've plugged the EX7700 back in and if I navigate to it in via the Network Map in the app (switching to Extender View), I can see the devices connected to it. If I switch back to Router view and go back to the XR500, I now see the EX7700's devices in the device manager.

There's definitely something wrong with how the app handles Device Manager view once an extender has been connected, even after it has been disconnected, until you factory reset the router.

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TimChang could you look at this issue please?

I would recommend you upgrade to the beta firmware, you can then use the DumaOS app that we have developed and use the actual Device Manager there.
Message 3 of 6
RouterIssues4me
Aspirant

It looks like some issues with the current version of 3.0 for the 500 so I'm not sure that will be a good fix at the moment.

Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's a beta so there will be issues for some users but not all with post or have issues, it may work fine for you, you could always downgrade if needed.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

another thing to try is install version 1.0.0.206 firmware to the EX7700. Then factory reset it and install it using the installation assistant. (not wps)

Disable auto-updates. 

I've seen multiple posts on here with issues on the .210 firmware for it. Maybe thats whats causing the issue. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7