× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 and Netatalk; May Need Update?

OortCl0ud
Follower

XR500 and Netatalk; May Need Update?

Hi all,

Recently, I performed a vulnerability scan on my home network, and I'm trying to wrap my head around a particular hole that may have been found on my XR500 router.

The vulnerability is for CVE-2018-1160, which is an issue with Netatalk being out-of-date. Now, from what I understand in my limited research (and I do apologize if the answer is right in front of me and I missed it, today's been quite long), Netatalk is for an Apple server using their propritery Apple Filing Protocol. Nonthing on my network is an Apple device to my knowledge.

My frimware version is 2.3.2.114, running DumaOS. Could it be that DumaOS uses Netatalk for something? Otherwise, I'm leaning towards this just being a false positive and leaving it at that.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 and Netatalk; May Need Update?

Thanks for mentioning this! I'll raise this with Netgear in case it's one that needs looking into. If that's the case, they'll release a fix for it soon.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7