× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 and PureVPN

WacoJohn
Luminary

XR500 and PureVPN

Taking my first crack at Hybrid VPN.  So far, seems 'stuck' at 'connecting'  See screend shot.  

LOGS refer to (at least) an authentication failure.  Not sure what else.  See screen shot.

Thank you in advance for any help.

vpn.png

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
WacoJohn
Luminary

I purchased my PVN license through Stack Social on a promo.  It came with a user ID and p/w.  Forgot p/w.  Reset it through PVN dashboard and it 'took it' but would not work.  New p/w would not bind to ID because it was issued by Stack.  Had to have PVN set a new p/w from their end and email it to me.  It cannot be changed.  Hope this makes sense.  It was sold by a 3rd party.  It now works w/ a w10 app and should now work on the router.  Have not tried it yet, but expect it to work.  Thank you for you time.  Will give a final update when I get it on the router.  It's a late night here.  Thank you again.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
WacoJohn
Luminary

logs.png

Message 2 of 12
WacoJohn
Luminary

No help??  I also notice some problem re: a certificate.  If anyone can help, would sure appreciate it.

Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Change the protocol to use UDP instead, does it work then?
Message 4 of 12
WacoJohn
Luminary

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Change the protocol to use UDP instead, does it work then?

Thank you immensely for your attention.  No fix.  Essentially the same log info ... authentication failure and something about a certificate.  I left it at UDP for now.

Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This may be a silly question but do you have a PureVPN plan?
Message 6 of 12
WacoJohn
Luminary

I do.  Purchased it some time ago on a 'special offer'.  Works fine on a Chrome Browser extension.

"Package Plan

Username
purevpnXXXXXXXXX
Package Plan
Free Account
Days Left
Expiry
Jan 8, 2021
Message 7 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you try some other servers does it always have the same result? If so then we may need to update the configs we have on file, meanwhile you can use the configs provided by them with the advanced section and it'll work that way.
Message 8 of 12
WacoJohn
Luminary

I could be wrong.  I am beginning to think I have a Purevpn acccount problem.  I cannot log in with Chrome Browser Extension, W10 APP, or router.  I am waiting to hear back from their tech support.  If that is the case, I am wasting your time.  Will update when I know more.  Be safe, and thanks again.  Back soon.

Message 9 of 12
WacoJohn
Luminary

I purchased my PVN license through Stack Social on a promo.  It came with a user ID and p/w.  Forgot p/w.  Reset it through PVN dashboard and it 'took it' but would not work.  New p/w would not bind to ID because it was issued by Stack.  Had to have PVN set a new p/w from their end and email it to me.  It cannot be changed.  Hope this makes sense.  It was sold by a 3rd party.  It now works w/ a w10 app and should now work on the router.  Have not tried it yet, but expect it to work.  Thank you for you time.  Will give a final update when I get it on the router.  It's a late night here.  Thank you again.

Message 10 of 12
WacoJohn
Luminary

Now, appears to be working fine ... everywhere including router.  Thanks again.

Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that and thank you for posting the solution.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7