× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 and Xbox one x nat type

Kong77
Initiate

XR500 and Xbox one x nat type

I have a CM1000 modem and a XR500 router. My Xbox is connected via Cat6 cable to the xr500 and is lest that 2 feet away. I just started having NAT issues with my Xbox as it will give me a Teredo error and I cannot use party chat. I port forwarded all relevant ports and game specific ports (COD:MW) and I can use game chat but nothing with the Xbox party chat.
Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. I don’t mind using discord for the most part but some of my friends do not want to do that.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 and Xbox one x nat type

Yes thats another item as well that seem to impact NAT status. Good call. 

Glad it's back OPEN. 

Mark yoru thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you disable your Geo-Filter does the teredo error go away as well as the party chat issue? If so then for the party you'll need to add your friends to the allow list so you can connect to them regardless of your settings. To do this follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000089132-how-to-use-allow-and-deny-on-du...

For the teredo error, if that was caused by the Geo-Filter then you'll need to do the same things as with your friends so look on the map when you try to get the NAT status and see if anything is blocked. If there is then allow it. If you could also provide us with the ID of that blocked connection (found when you ping it), then we can add that to the whitelist.
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Setup a IP address reservation for your xbox on the router. 

Hold the power button on the xbox until the xbox shuts OFF. 

Reboot the XR router and wait for ready. 

Power ON the xbox. 

Check NAT status on the Settings/Networking dashboard. Should be OPEN. 

@Kong77 wrote:
I have a CM1000 modem and a XR500 router. My Xbox is connected via Cat6 cable to the xr500 and is lest that 2 feet away. I just started having NAT issues with my Xbox as it will give me a Teredo error and I cannot use party chat. I port forwarded all relevant ports and game specific ports (COD:MW) and I can use game chat but nothing with the Xbox party chat.
Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. I don’t mind using discord for the most part but some of my friends do not want to do that.

Message 3 of 5
Kong77
Initiate

I turned off the instant on feature and my NAT type immediately switched to open and I haven’t had any issues since. My router hasn’t even reset itself which was a 2-3xs daily issue. I really do appreciate the help, I will keep this info handy if I have to do something further.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes thats another item as well that seem to impact NAT status. Good call. 

Glad it's back OPEN. 

Mark yoru thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7