× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 and bandwidth alocation

jeremyg237
Luminary

XR500 and bandwidth alocation

I used to own the NEDUMA R1 and when I was single the bandwith alocation was no big deal. But now with a wife and kiddo it is a little chaotic. I suggest doing a system like the R7000. Low, med and high. Possibly with some add on low, low-med, med, med-high, high and very high. Its just a suggestion but its a pain to type or drag circle. If you colud lock it then drag something else it would work better. But as you know it creeps back up when you drag something else or type it. Also my son has a xbox one and when he plays it puts his xbox as high priority. I tried just putting my xbox one in there but it still detected his as well. These are some things I feel that could help the gamer that has a family that all use the interent.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
jeremyg237
Luminary

And yes I spelled allocation wrong. 

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Very good points, thank you for the feedback. I think we will be doing something with this in future.

For Traffic Prioritization you could disable DumaOS Classified Games and just add your Xbox instead instead of your Son's. Though gaming does not require much bandwidth so you could easily have them both prioritized with no downsides.
Message 3 of 5
jeremyg237
Luminary

When I had the r7000 I had us both on low and they worked fine.

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great but high priority is better to ensure the best connection, both can be done at the same time.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7