× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 antennas

Rosse
Aspirant

XR500 antennas

Hi all.
Just bought a XR500, which has 4 antennas.
2 on the back, both marked “1”, and antenna marked “2” on the left and “3” on the right.
The number ”3” antenna does not fit into the right slot (Which is market 3 as well), but fits into the left slot 2.
The number “2” antenna fit into both the left port 2 as supposed to, as well as into port 3 on the right side of the router.

Anyone knowing if the antenna function/length are the same for the number 2 and 3 antenna?

I plan to go to my dealer to have it exchanged, but I’m afraid that he just tells to swop the number 2 and 3 antenna, but if this is not correct, I will be sure to tell him.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 antennas

The numbers should match up so odd that they don't. However as far as I am aware they are all the same length/have the same function so in theory it shouldn't matter too much which one they're connected to.
Message 2 of 4
Rosse
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
I agree. The external dimensions are the same of all 4 antennas.
But if it is just a matter of design, or actually the antenna inside the plastic protection on the antenna, that’s what I’m most curious about...
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think the antennas were just misnamed on your router for some reason, won't affect performance in any way
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7