× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 anti bufferbloat not engaging on pc

Jefferzz93
Guide

XR500 anti bufferbloat not engaging on pc

Hey guys trying to figure out antibufferbloat, so I have less than favourable internet. My upload and download are about the same at 20mbps. I usually run my anti buffer at 15 down and 8 up and have it set to always on. But I just got back from holidays and when I run my speed test on pc it’s is saying I am at full speed where as before it was my cut back speed. All my other devices are reading the proper speeds but it’s like the router isn’t engaging anti bufferbloat on my PC. Everything’s up to date. Tried restarting router a few times and pc. Any suggestions? QOS is turned on and anti buffer to always.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you see the PC in the Device Manager? Have you got the PC added to Traffic Prioritization or is the high priority light active when you're doing a speed test?
Message 2 of 6
Jefferzz93
Guide

Yes to all of your questions
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That will be why then as Traffic Prioritization supersedes QoS so remove any manual rules you've added to Traffic Prio and it should adhere to the Anti-BB percentages.
Message 4 of 6
Jefferzz93
Guide

I haven’t added any manual rules to pc for prio, or are you saying just remove from traffic prio completely for pc ? Will that affect gameplay when network is congested ?
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of your entire QoS page please and then I can best advise.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7