× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 can't access settings in chrome

Spoidah
Follower

XR500 can't access settings in chrome

For whatever reason, I'm experiencing the same issues experienced in https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28787-settings-not-appearing/

Basically, using chrome to go to routerlogin.net ends up sometimes coming up with null error messages, and when I click 'settings' it comes up with the old netgear 'basic/advanced' interface, and doesn't load properly, everything stays blank except for a few tabs and logos that I can't click on (pic related). If I type 192.168.1.1 into the url instead, the website loads up properly, and I can access settings again.
This problem doesn't appear in any other browsers, just chrome. It just recently started happening in the last month or so, I think it was the new firmware update.

This problem is persistent across multiple devices, and I have factory reset the router multiple times (and uninstalled + reinstalled chrome + flushed cache on each device).

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 can't access settings in chrome

Do FireFox or Opera access these settings? 

Clear all browser caches before entering into the routers web page. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 can't access settings in chrome

Do you have any Anti-Virus/Firewall applications at all? We've seen it in the past where this can affect the interface. If so try to add exceptions to them for the interface URL - routerlogin.net* the reason it may not do this when using the IP is it may not recognise it as a website. Also do you have any extensions on the browser? Ad block can sometimes cause the issue as well.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7