× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 connecting me to servers that I've blocked!

HandsomeKing
Tutor

XR500 connecting me to servers that I've blocked!

No matter what I do, this router keeps connecting me to servers that I've previously blocked. If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know. I'm also using an Xbox one X and my console is hardwired. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 connecting me to servers that I've blocked!

Could you provide us with a screenshot of the Geo-Filter when this happens please as that will allow us to see what is going on.
Message 2 of 6
HandsomeKing
Tutor

Take a look for yourself, I ended up returning the XR300 because it kept doing the same thing, plus the R-Apps wasn't laoding properly. If you have any BETA firmware you could send me, that would be great.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No beta firmware for the XR300 as far as I am aware. Sorry to hear you returned it, was it the exact same server as in when it auto pinged it had the name you gave it previously or is it just a server in the same location that when its auto pinged has a blank name?
Message 4 of 6
HandsomeKing
Tutor

It's fine Fraser, I did a factory reset on the XR500 and it's running perfect right now. I haven't tried blocking any servers yet but the one I just played on was great. The server was the exact same one as in when I auto pinged it and gave it a name. It could be nice to see a feature in the future where we could just click the server that we allowed and directly connect to it. (Food for thought)! Smiley Wink

Hey, I appreciate all the help, I should be fine for now.

Thanks & Regards!

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, keep us posted! Not sure if that would be possible really as they have loads of servers so the game has to choose to put you on that server but it's something we could look into potentially.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7