× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 - content filtering, sort of.

Tigsman
Tutor

XR500 - content filtering, sort of.

I see I can block services, All IPs, Single IP or Range of IPs.  Makes sense.  What I want to do is filter all DNS queries (regardless of static DNS IPs on the IoT devices or not) from the LAN through a local DNS server (RPi-hole), not block it entirely. Can that be done with the XR500 as a standalone or do I need different hardware to accomplish this?  Even looking at Pi-Hole DHCP services, it does not offer this level of NAT services.  Thoughts?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I believe I've heard people have used PiHole with it before, I may be mistaken. If not then there is no way I know of to do this at the moment with the existing firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You should be able to use Dynamic DNS in Settings to achieve this and use your own domain.
Message 2 of 4
Tigsman
Tutor

Doesnt DDNS only provide a simple way to find a way into my router/LAN, not control what's on my LAN from getting out or simply filtered through my internal DNS server ex: 192.168.1.250 DNS server.

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
You should be able to use Dynamic DNS in Settings to achieve this and use your own domain.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I believe I've heard people have used PiHole with it before, I may be mistaken. If not then there is no way I know of to do this at the moment with the existing firmware.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7