× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 disconnected every morning to xbox

Lordfergus96
Follower

XR500 disconnected every morning to xbox

My Xbox One X is hardwired into my XR500. When waking up the Xbox from its "Instant On" mode, the Xbox thinks it is disconnected from the router and is unable to connect to the internet. The only way I've found to fix this issue is to either disable Instant On (I do not want to do this) or to restart the XR500.

In other words, neither of these solutions should be seen as an acceptable alternative, especially considering my R7000 worked flawlessly with hardwired internet and the Xbox in "Instant On" mode. Please help. I have latest software update.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 disconnected every morning to xbox

Disable "Instant On". This is a bug in the MS programming of this feature. 

I have this disabled on two xboxes and don't have any proglems. 

Ensure uPnP is enabled. 

I would also setup IP address reservations for the game console ON the router as well. Also after you do this, hard power OFF the game console, then reboot the XR500. Let it come to ready. Then power ON the game console. Should have the reserved IP address and be connected and have OPEN NAT. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 disconnected every morning to xbox

We and Microsoft are looking into it.

Also you could put a switch between the router and console and that will resolve it, you could leave it in instant on mode that way
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7