× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 dropping internet connections

jdklein
Tutor

XR500 dropping internet connections

Router drops internet randomly, 1-3 times a day, both wired and WIFI connections. 

WAN - Xfinity

XR500 firmware v2.3.2.66

Of note, one wireless PC shows these type events when this happens: WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery. BUT - multiple wired and wireless devices will lose connection for 1-5 minutes. 

How can I troubleshoot this better? Or do you have any suggestions on fixing it? thx

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: XR500 dropping internet connections

What xfinity modem do you have? 

Whenever you're having both wired and wireless devices drop, you need to ensure it isn't a modem issue. 

I usually recommend direct connecting a pc to the modem and using it for a period of time. If the connection is dropping several times a day, use it for a day and watch to see if it drops. If it does, its a modem issue. Still can be even if it doesn't drop but thats an easy check. 

I'd start there to ensure the modem is stable. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 dropping internet connections

As well as the above have you seen any entries in the log around the time of the disconnections? If you go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status, what does it say for DHCP lease obtained/expires?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7