× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 dropping internet

codemansanchez
Aspirant

XR500 dropping internet

My router a few years old now and no problems flawless and as of late my xr500 just drops internet to everything wireless and wired I've updated the firmware I've done the hard reset I've looked at other posts and im getting frustrated why after 5 years now it wants to drop internet
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 dropping internet

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 2 of 9
codemansanchez
Aspirant

Firmware v2.3.2.134 and I'm using a Netgear modem like I said nothing was wrong with the router till a few weeks ago and I just did the factory reset and setup from scratch had another drop in internet and after that I set DHCP servers starting from .50 and assigned my main devices to .2 to .49 I'm still waiting to see if it will drop now after all that
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 4 of 9
codemansanchez
Aspirant

The modem I'm using is a Netgear cm700
Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You did the right thing in regards to DHCP, do let us know if it continues and if it does try to get the log from the System Information page before rebooting.
Message 6 of 9
codemansanchez
Aspirant

When should we expect a fix for it so far I didn't see any drops thankfully it's just so odd it started happening out of the blue
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend going over to NetDuma community forum site, creating a account there and sign up and request access to the XR500 beta thats going on there. I just had my XR500 online for several days using there beta they are offering. Seems to be working well. Once beta is done, then ND will pass that to NG for there development and testing. Then hopefully go to release. No idea when that will be though. 

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's something for NG to fix so I don't have an ETA on that but as mentioned above you could try the beta and see if it is more stable for you
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7