× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

jgold7890
Guide

Thanks!  I just uploaded it.  I will let you know the results.  I'm guessing this works?  didn't see much feedback here

Message 26 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would say 90% of people have had it resolved using this firmware
Message 27 of 1,017
jgold7890
Guide

Awesome. I appreciate the quick replies and help you’ve given.
Message 28 of 1,017
Basiu
Aspirant

May I also have this firmware? my XR500 keeps losing internet connection on my ps4 pro would like to give it a try thanks
Message 29 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with the firmware
Message 30 of 1,017
UND3RXOATH
Aspirant

Same problems here. Dropped WiFi 😞
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 31 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you firmware via PM
Message 32 of 1,017
FishyMN
Initiate

I am having the same issues. Internet randomly drops out at the router, wired or wireless across all devices. It has done this all week. My old school WNDR3700 has been reliable but thought it was time to upgrade after 8 years. How can I fix this ? I like the customization of the router but don't want features over reliability. I have it packed up to exchange it since it's only a week old and don't want to get stuck with a dud. Will this firmware resolve the issue ? 

Message 33 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with the firmware, for most people it resolves the issues.
Message 34 of 1,017
FishyMN
Initiate

Thank you. I will give that a try after work. 

Message 35 of 1,017
LightningStrike
Aspirant

I have the same issue losing internet, can i get the firmware to?

Message 36 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Certainly, I've sent you a PM.
Message 37 of 1,017
Ricearoni80
Aspirant

I also am having the same issue. May I get the firmware to fix this issue. 

Message 38 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM Rice
Message 39 of 1,017
jgold7890
Guide

I'm still having issues with this firmware that you sent me Fraser.  My internet connection lasts like a day, then the next morning i'll have to completely turn off router and turn it back on to get connection back.  What do you need from me to look into this more?  I do have a ps4 in rest mode (not connected to internet though in that state) but my xbox one is in rest mode with internet to download updates etc.

Message 40 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you another PM jgold on how you can help us get more information
Message 41 of 1,017
Ic3lion84
Aspirant

I’m having the exact same issues that are described here, any way I could receive the firmware that seems to be helping most people? Thanks much.
Message 42 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent a pm ic3
Message 43 of 1,017
XXAresXX
Star

Hi Fraser,

could I please have the firmware as well?

I use multiple Xbox Ones in the house (one has a static IP). I had a feeling the instant on mode was causing a problem, because it seemed like everytime I turned the xbox on, the internet would drop on all devices shortly after the Xbox "woke up".

This has been bugging me for months, but just a couple of days ago I noticed that everytime the internet dropped, the Xbox would have either just turned on or off not long before the disconnect.

Aside from installing the firmware once it is provided to me, is there anything else that I need to/should do (i.e remove static ips to the consoles, disable instant on mode on the Xbox), or does the firmware solve the issue while still allowing instant on mode with static IP addresses?

Thank you!

Message 44 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Ares, I've sent a PM with the firmware. It should fix your issue. If not disable instant on and see if it gets resolved then.
Message 45 of 1,017
XXAresXX
Star

Awesome, thank you!

Just uploaded it. Will report back in a day or two and let you know how it's doing.

Thanks again.

Message 46 of 1,017
Guldito
Aspirant

I've started having the same issue as well, with it happening more frequently, could I also have that firmware that supposedly fixes this?

Message 47 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM.
Message 48 of 1,017
jgold7890
Guide

I'm still running into issues.  I tried following the step by step instructions how to get logs while things were acting up, but ran into some issues.  I couldn't even access the router's page to change the firmware over to the one for debugging and I wasn't able to run wireshark since the wired computer wasn't showing any interfaces since the network connection was out.  I pulled logs from the routerlogin page on my laptop but not sure how much good that will do.  My main PC was pulling a completely different static IP (usually 192.168 range) in the 76. range along with the gateway like it was pulling from my modem in transparent bridge mode.  The internet was working too, but only on my main PC, everything else was not working.  When I reboot the router it fixes everything...

I'll go ahead and change the firmware over now that everything is fixed until tommorow heh.  Is there any other way to pull logs for this?  It's very frustrating I have to do this every day even if it's just a reboot of the router.

Message 49 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No other way to do it unfortunately, I appreciate your patience
Message 50 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7