× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

shadowdragon440
Aspirant

May I get a copy of that firmware as well, I'm having isues with my xbox that is wired, and my PC.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 51 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent a PM
Message 52 of 1,017
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Have the latest firmware and I am experiencing the same internet dropouts after having the unit for a week. Would greatly appreciate that firmware Fraser-thanks in advance!

Message 53 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent PM dgl
Message 54 of 1,017
jnguyen0723
Aspirant

I was reading this thread and I am having the same issue with random drops.

Message 55 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM.
Message 56 of 1,017
jnguyen0723
Aspirant

The fireware did not help. My connect keeps disconnecting twice a day. Once around 11pm and between 5-7pm, all the lights on the netgear and modem shows no issues. It will reconnect after 5 mins.

Message 57 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you do a factory reset after switching to that firmware? If not please try that to ensure no legacy issues from previous firmware.
Message 58 of 1,017
c_huey
Aspirant

I am having similar issues. May I get a copy of that firmware as well.

Message 59 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM with the firmware huey
Message 60 of 1,017
Hiredgun
Aspirant

I am also having the same droput problem. Bought the XR450 version from Costco.  I sent you a pm but am also posting here just to be thorough. Can you send me the software update also. Thanks!

Hiredgun

Message 61 of 1,017
Jrmaye2
Aspirant

Same issue, some devices work, others no internet at all. Can I try firmware?
Message 62 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi - I'll send you the version but I think this will only work on the XR500. Let me know if so and we'll chase NETGEAR to get this version for you.

Message 63 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I'll message you now!

Message 64 of 1,017
XXAresXX
Star

Unfortunately, the firmware did not work for me. Disabling instant on mode on the Xbox(s) didn't help either. I get huge ping spikes (generally about 10 seconds before getting disconnected). Multiple disconnects every day, and 6 out of 7 days I wake up and the internet is down until the router is rebooted. I'm so frustrated with this, I've thought of selling the router at a loss just to get something else. It works amazing, when it does in fact work.

Message 65 of 1,017
Hiredgun
Aspirant

Yes, I love the router when it works but it may have to go back to Costco.  Really a shame.  I read about similar problems with the X6.  I wish these companies would do more testing before putting products on the market that are not ready for prime time.  It seems to make more sense buying a router that is at least 2 years old because it takes them at least that long to work the bugs out.  That being said, I had to go back to an earlier version of the firmware for my OLD AC1900 Nighthawk, when the most recent update last year slowed my gigabit speeds down to a crawl.  

Just want to be able to buy a router that works and I can forget about it.

Message 66 of 1,017
XXAresXX
Star

I do personally believe however, that the issue lies more with the automatic console and game/application updates than it does with the instant on mode (though, automatic updates only really work in conjuction with instant on). From my observations, I've noticed that when I put my Xbox into sleep mode, the "Eth1" led on the router turns orange. However, when the console detects and begins to update games in sleep mode, the "Eth1" led on the router turns white. After the update is complete, the "Eth1" led stays white, even while the console isn't doing anything (in fact, when I turn on my xbox after it has done an automatic update while the led is still white, it says I am disconnected from Xbox Live, and unplugging the ethernet cable and plugging it back in restores the Xbox's connection). So, I think, and I may be wrong, that the problems lies in the low power mode the console uses to auto update. When it initially goes to sleep, the led turns orange, but once it turns on in low power mode to do an update, it doesn't recognize that the console has gone back to sleep after it finished the update. I believe that every morning I have come in and the internet was down, the console applied an update over night. Though, this still doesn't explain why the disconnects happen randomly, even when the xbox(s) are running and have been for some time.

Message 67 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear it's still occurring. Have you unplugged the Xbox overnight and seen if that truly stops the internet going down?
Message 68 of 1,017
XXAresXX
Star

No, I haven't tried unplugging it over night, but I may do so if the issue persists. I turned off the auto update features on the Xbox ( I left instant on mode on) yesterday evening, and, low and behold, the internet was still running when I woke up. Granted, that may be coincidence, so I will have to see if the internet continues to stay up overnight for a couple of days and if the mid-day disconnects stop as well.

Message 69 of 1,017

Constant internet drops.  I even upgraded my modem to a new Motorolla.  Issues before and after.

I have spent many, many hours on the phone with support, both Comcast & extensively with Netgear.

Comcast assures me that the signal is good (up to 150Mbp) and consistant ping, etc.

Random router drops (wired & wireless) continue with no obvious pattern.  Only fix is to reboot both modem & router.

Extremely frustrating.  Very disappointed in RX500.

Message 70 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM with a firmware
Message 71 of 1,017

Is this a new firmware?  Support walked me through a firmware update (and many other things) 2 days ago.

Message 72 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Its a slightly older firmware with a potential fix in. Fix will go into next release i believe
Message 73 of 1,017
Hiredgun
Aspirant

XR500 Firmware definitely does not work for the XR450 I bought at Costco. Internet down on hardwire devices (wireless still works), for the second day. Hopefully will get an appropriate firmware update within next week or so. Otherwise the router goes back, unfortunately.

Message 74 of 1,017
vpoffice
Aspirant

Wondering which firmware version is fixing the issues.  I just updated our firmware to  v.2.3.2.22   Is it newer than that?

If so, how would I get it?

Thank you

Message 75 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7