× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Hiredgun, as per PM will try to get XR450 version for you.

@vpoffice, its based on the previous firmware so will miss the features/fixes from the current version. I've sent it to you in a PM. It should however be a part of the next firmware.
Message 76 of 1,017
Jessed
Aspirant

Can I get the firmware too please
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 77 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with the firmware Jessed
Message 78 of 1,017
Phoenix1776
Tutor

The XR500 has started dropping internet connections about 2-3 times a day; no pattern on timing.  As someone who regularly works from home the lost connection is happening at really bad times. Using:

Message 79 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with the firmware Phoenix for this issue.
Message 80 of 1,017
DrDeano
Aspirant

Having similar random internet drops.

I don't have XBox, but I have around 40 devices on my network; PCs, Macs, Nvidia Shield, Echos, Ecobees, etc... Roughly 40/60 wired to wireless.

Internet seems to be out in the morning usually and reboot fixes it. Would appreciate a solution to this.

Message 81 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM Deano with the firmware to try
Message 82 of 1,017
DrDeano
Aspirant

Installed the firmware, thank you.

How necessary is it do a factory reset with this test? Should I turn off the firmware auto update since this is an older firmware?

Thanks for the quick response!

Message 83 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would advise it if you don't mind to ensure no legacy issues from previous firmware. That's up to you. The fix will be included in the next update as far as I know.
Message 84 of 1,017
Idontknow235
Aspirant

Can you send me this firmware please

Message 85 of 1,017
FMSMITH91
Aspirant

Been getting random disconnects. Did a factory reset on it but it just happened again. Can I get the new firmware as well. Running V2.3.2.22 right now.

Message 86 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Messaged both of you with the firmware. Let us know in this thread if it does not work.
Message 87 of 1,017
Idontknow235
Aspirant

I downloaded the Firmware but I wanted to ask if you possibly knew when the newest update that will fix this will be?

Message 88 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Don't have an ETA on that.
Message 89 of 1,017
solidsnake
Aspirant

@Billybudz420 wrote:
I am having an issue where the internet stops working..... I have 2 Xbox ones being used and they randomly disconnect and now the wifi doesn't work either. The wifi is connected but no internet. One xbox is hard wired. I have to reboot the router multiple times to get everything back online. I am using the cm1000 modem and also the x4s mesh extender on my network.

yup me too. while im watching hulu on my firestick it keeps dropping so i have to return mine and go back to r7900

Message 90 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM with firmware that should fix the issue.
Message 91 of 1,017
solidsnake
Aspirant

Just returned it due to that issue and parental control. Circle by disney
Message 92 of 1,017
FMSMITH91
Aspirant

Uploaded to the firmware that I got PM'd and it still dropping randomly but not as much as it was. So far I've only seen it happen about 3 times over the past 24 hours or so.

Message 93 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have a console? If so disable instant on and see if that resolves it please.
Message 94 of 1,017
Gooner360
Aspirant

I'm also losing internet randomly , have to restart atleast once a day .

Message 95 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with the firmware that should fix the issue.
Message 96 of 1,017
FMSMITH91
Aspirant

Yes PS4 but the router randomly reboots. Wifi cuts out for around 5mins then comes back. Internet drops on all devices on wired and wifi duing the reboot. I have already did a factory reset on it several times using the firmware that I was sent and also the latest frimware.

Message 97 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you make sure the PS4 isn't in instant on and see if that works please we've found it can cause the crashes of the other devices
Message 98 of 1,017

Isolation has shown that the internet drop issue is when my XBox One is plugged in. Wired & Wireless. Ironically, I bought the XR500 as a “gaming router.” Is there a fix for this?
If not, a replacement from Netgear is not acceptable. Full refund will be only option.
Message 99 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just FYI, Xbox have identified this as an issue: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/05/new-preview-alpha-skip-ahead-1810-system-update-7-5-18/#tGjlX...

So we're in contact with the Xbox team, now that its clear the firmware hasn't fixed it for everyone we can move on to hopefully find a permanent fix for everyone or hopefully Xbox will fix it themselves.

Message 100 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7