× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it’s all ok now but let us know if you need help with anything else.
Message 226 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

Hey I was wondering if i could try the firmware also I got a brand new sony android tv the other day and cant seem to stream 4k movies when running fast.com on the tv i am getting 77mbs down all the time. I noticed when watching a movie in 4k the router will show the movie is using around 22mbs then all of sudden it will drop in the .002 range for awhile the movie will buffer then all of sudden it will be back at the 22mb range. 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 227 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM Danny
Message 228 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

Thank you, I updated my router I am going to try to stream a 4k dolby vison movie. I will let you know If i see the device drops.

Message 229 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

I am still having the same problem. I wonder if its a comcast issue and not a router issue.

Message 230 of 1,017
B_smith85
Aspirant

Router is still randomly dropping internet even after the beta firmware you sent me. I have some things to add, it only drops internet around the hours of 8pm-4am also it only seems to drop the internet when there are more than one device using it at a time. Please please help me fix this issue as I am a streamer for gaming, thank you
Message 231 of 1,017
M-Hafeez
Tutor

Dear Fraser,

I have checked your provided firmware which seems good not dropping internet now but I have noticed in the logs of the router that too many Dos attacks occurring during the whole day, so please I request you to suggest any remedy for that as well. These attacks cause service blocking and resultantly it affects my online gaming... 

Regards:

M.Hafeez

Message 232 of 1,017
B_smith85
Aspirant

What could I do to prevent that? And what is a DoS attack?
Message 233 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you another PM Danny.

B_Smith, I didn't send it to you on here. Where did you get it? Please keep your support to one site otherwise it gets very confusing. Sent me a message where I sent it to you and we can go from there.

Hafeez, the logs are verbose as they are primarily for developers. I would not pay attention/start diagnosing issues from them yourself. DoS attack entires are normal on Netgear devices. It should not cause you issues. What service blocking and online gaming issues are you having?
Message 234 of 1,017
B_smith85
Aspirant

All of my support has been done through this community.. but basically around 8pm-2am every night my internet crashes and comes back on almost instantaneously but just enough to throw me offline and not be able to play. I’ve noticed the issue usually happens when there are multiple devices connected to the internet at a time, I’m at my wits end. Never had this issue until I switched to the nighthawk and now I’ve had nothing but issues with it, I’ve never had such serious internet issues in my life. I’ve been dealing with this for 4 months trying to get support calling netgear calling my isp asking for help on settings with my router, I’ve updated firmware with one of you, had the lines to and around my house checked. You name it I’ve tried it and I cannot figure out what is wrong. I’m not upset with anyone cause I know these kind of issues happen with technology I’m just asking for more peoples opinions at this point trying everything I can before I just up and drop another $350 on a router. Thank so so much!
Message 235 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

My mistake, I assume Netduma Jack sent it to you? I've sent you a PM. After following my PM disable Instant On Mode/Automatic updates on your console and see if that resolves the issue.
Message 236 of 1,017
M-Hafeez
Tutor

Dear fraser, I face the issue of a total service outage like for 15 to 20 seconds and then becomes normal. There is no specific time or interval for this outage of service has been noticed random times during the whole day. and during this outage time even whatsapp msgs kept on held in sending state but not being sent.

Regards:

M.Hafeez

Message 237 of 1,017
M-Hafeez
Tutor

A few more questions to the experts here.

1. When we turn On bufferbloat* will it affect all bandwidth hungry nodes, becz my phone/tab on which I am playing will also become a hungry node, then for which node it will keep room free.?

2. when I activate high priority traffic for my gaming phone/tab does it guarantee that the free room from bufferbloat will be used by my gaming phone/tab when I am playing.? while the game I play is not in Netduma classified games list.

3. The game I play is not in the Netduma classified games list, will it really help if I prioritize my gaming  phone/tab TCP and UDP all ports traffic (ranging from 1 to End of possible ports).?

4. Is there any other smart way to improve my gaming experience with XR500 while the game I play is not on Netduma games list.?

Game name: Guns Of Boom (iOS/Android)

5. Is there any possibility to request Netgear to add this game in the default list..?

Dear support experts, please answer my questions number wise so a clear understanding will be maintained.

I really appreciate the efforts your guys putting here to help ppl.

Regards:

M.Hafeez 

Message 238 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Switch out the ethernet cable between XR500 and modem/router. Also connect to modem/router and see if this ever occurs directly connected.

1. It will affect any device connected to the router and ensure everything can use the internet without causing lag.
2. Anything added to Traffic Prioritization will bypass QoS completely and be at the top of the queue every time so this ensure no jitter/spikes caused by other devices.
3. Yes it will help to prioritize your phone for the game.
4. QoS solution will help the most. Geo-Filter is unlikely to work for the game though you can try. I don't know where you're located but I suspect there are not many servers available and so most of your lag will come from distance to the server.
5. If you follow this guide it will help us add support for the game: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076099-want-to-help-classify-games-for-tr...
Message 239 of 1,017
M-Hafeez
Tutor

Thank you fraser for such detailed answers and the help for getting my desired game listed in Netduma OS. I have captured the data and sent to the given email address. let's see what response I will get from there.

Thanks once again, I will keep you posted about the progress.

Regards:

M.Hafeez

Message 240 of 1,017
XXAresXX
Star

Hi all,

just a quick update.

After installing a network switch (cheap $20 TP-Link Switch), and plugging my two wired devices (Win10 PC and Xbox One X) into the switch, I haven't had a single disconnect or drop. Uptime is currently 18 days.

Message 241 of 1,017
XXAresXX
Star

Try a network switch (cheap unmanaged switch will do). Plug ALL of your wired devices into if you can (assuming you use wired connections). It worked for me. 18 days uptime with no disconnects after installing the switch.

Message 242 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update, great to hear thats a potential solution. Sent a few more users debug information over today so hopefully will get to the bottom of it.
Message 243 of 1,017
Aulizar
Aspirant

My internet is disconnected on lan connected devices when i turn them back on. Is there a firmware update for this problem?
Message 244 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 245 of 1,017

I have the same problem my xr500 keep dropping my internet connection and I install the latest firmware do you have a new firmware 

that will solve this problem I do not want to loose my faith in Netgear product I had the Costco netgear  7900 and had reboot it evey 48 hours i return it and got the xr500 .  I saw the review on this routers and thought it would solve my problem I do not play games but video  stream and smart home on my network.

Antonio

Message 246 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM, hopefully it will resolve your issue.
Message 247 of 1,017
mnjk
Guide

I didnt have IPv6 turned and netgear was not able to troubleshoot that. Very frustrating.  Go to settings then advanced settings then IPv6. Set it to autodetect.

Message 248 of 1,017
garaffatm
Aspirant

I am experiencing the very similar issue and I am currently on the latest firmware. Can you PM me the firmware for additional testing?
Message 249 of 1,017
Radiax
Tutor

It has been a little over a week and I have not experienced any problems with the switch, since I tried that downgraded firmware.  I did have the Xbox one unplugged the whole time too.   I have plugged it back up today and will see how it goes.

Message 250 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7