× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

blackshirt40
Guide

Yes I agree 28 should be awesome but it must be jitter or something because it felt bad(I have been playing this game almost since beta so I know when and when there is and isnt extra lag) . I installed the new firmware and ping was 25-26 so it dropped some but more importantly it feels normal again. I am not trying to say i personally feel a big difference in ping numbers so small but something was off as the new firmware has corrected the problem so far anyways. Just curious tho how much ping should the router add? I was guessing one mili or under.
Message 276 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah you're right, less than 1ms
Message 277 of 1,017
CommTech4
Aspirant

Everyday this router will still be connected with everything but have no internet. WiFi connections will say connected with internet while Ethernet devices cannot identify the connection. I've already swapped cables, confirmed that my modem isn't the issue, and did a factory reset on the router. All have ended up with the same issue where only a reset corrects it. I should also mention that while this occurs, everything is still talking to the router but I can't even access it's settings to see what's causing it while it uappens. Shouldn't spend $300 on a router that needs to be shut down every day. It's 2 weeks old!
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 278 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just sent you a PM with firmware to try
Message 279 of 1,017

How can get a copy of the beta firmware please

Thanks
Antonio
Message 280 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 281 of 1,017
Itsnotuitsme
Aspirant

Is it possible to get the beta firmware please. Having a few network dropouts also

Message 282 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 283 of 1,017
JonQwest
Aspirant

I just recently started running into this issue. Wifi was connected, but no internet connection. Reboot seemed to be ok, but then it went out again a week or so later. Any chance I can try the beta firmware as well?

Message 284 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent a PM
Message 285 of 1,017
Gardone8876
Guide

Can I get the beta as well?
Message 286 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 287 of 1,017

I am experiencing the exact same issue that others have mentioned. I noticed it occurs when both my PS4s are connected. I have factory reseted the router with no success. My router says I have the latest firmware. I did notice in the logs random DoS attacks so not sure if that is the cause. Any help provided is appreciated!

Message 288 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM with firmware to try.
Message 289 of 1,017

@Netduma-Fraser

Thank you!   How do I install this on my router?   Also, is there any advice you can provide on properly setting up my router for the best performance? I saw some messages talking about approve game listings that Netgear has, but I do not recall ever finding that in the admin settings.   Thank you!

Message 290 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update > Click Browse > Navigate to firmware file > Click and Open > Click Upload

I would recommend going through these guides for setup: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646
Message 291 of 1,017
Gardone8876
Guide

Thanks for the firmware. No issues encountered currently. I am running verizon fios 1gb plan. 

I am running three Linksys lapac2600 attached to the netgear xr500. This firmware fixed two belikin wemo mini that kept getting disconnected on reboot of router. still takes a good 5 minutes fior them to show up correctly, after reboot of router. When running speedtest.net i get a higher upload speed. Before i was getting 330 and now i consisntantly get 360-370. Download speed is more consistent. Overall the new firmware seems to work much better. Keep up the good work. 

Message 292 of 1,017
CommTech4
Aspirant

I installed the firmware that you provided and it seemed to address the wireless portion of the problem but the ethernet connections still malfunction. To sum up the issue again, everyday the connections would still be there but without internet access. When this would occur, I would still be connected but unable to access the router menus until a reset had been completed. After installing the firmware that you provided, the issue doesn't happen over wifi and I'm also able to reach the router menu through those wireless connections. It would appear that my wired devices are showing a failing static ip although nothing is static. It also shows my ip address on these wired devices as random ip addressess and not those that were assigned through DHCP. This problem only seems to occur the next day and it will last until the router has been reset. I wanna get this fixed in the next few days before my return window expires and I'm stuck with a $300 brick.
Message 293 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you give the wired devices static IPs does that resolve the issue? If not I'd highly recommend contacting Netgears 24/7 support number to see if they can help.
Message 294 of 1,017
CommTech4
Aspirant

I have and it still happens. Anything that needs a constant a connection like my security equipment or my wife's work computer loses its internet connection. Intermittent things like my smart thermostat are fine.
Message 295 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay give NG a call and hopefully they can help
Message 296 of 1,017
shlayerhk
Aspirant

do you mind sending me the firmware to try and solve some issues I am having with connection drops? thanks

Message 297 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 298 of 1,017
jmc7
Guide

I haven't been here in a while and noticed several folks having internet drop outs similar to what I have been experiencing at random. Can I request to have this firmware availabe to me so I can install on my router? Seems this firmware is currently not available officially.

Message 299 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 300 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7